GrinfilledCelt's MySpace Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Baka Bar & Grill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been a fan of Elvis either, but some of his stuff is real good.

Songs for the flash frozen.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered that I liked Jailhouse Rock. I'm sure there's other stuff that I liked, as far as I remember about who he is as a person I would say that I respect him.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ella's Midnight Sun is at MySpace, it's well hidden. How about something with Louie?

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream A Little Dream of Me - I have a story to go with that! It's from my Ella Fitzgerald CD (erm, I'm kind of looking at the story with some dismay because it's not that short and it's going to take a while to type it out, but it's a cool story, so I guess I will):

It was lightning that woke us. Not real lightning, but the kind of light you feel flickering behind your eyelids before you open your eyes. Later Yma told me she, too, had thought it might be lightning. What it was, was Ella. When I eased my eyes open, I saw Ella Fitzgerald. She was all got up in one of her glamorous gowns, and she was all beam, all song.

Was it real? I still can't tell you. The sound of Ella woke and warmed us in our little tent, then it faded. It was like somebody had beamed Ella down. In her place, two strangers stood.

"We're looking for Ella Fitzgerald," a dazzling woman said. Light crackled and rippled around her sundown-colored body. The smiling man who stood behind her also quivered with light. Both wore white.

If Yma hadn't been there, camping with me in the desert that night, I might've gone and found the closest hospital and checked myself into the psychiatric unit. She said she would have checked us both in.

"I beg your pardon . . ." I said to the woman, surprised that I could be so cool.

"Yes," the man said, "Ella Fitzgerald. We came here to find this wonderful spirit."

It was nighttime, the desert, which means it was cold, still, and quiet. Falsely still, falsely quiet. All around us birds, insects, and other tiny things made their presence known. Talk about drama, we'd been roused from a zombie slumber. I was still yawning. Stretching, I felt my elbow graze the edge of our micro-speaker. Just before we fell asleep, we'd been making love and soaking up the music, which I always thought was the subtlest aphrodisiac.

I wasn't surprised at what I saw when I looked off in the distance and saw their flat, gleaming spacecraft. It was like the warm rush I got whenever Ella sang a song, even a sad song. Listening to her, things fell into place for me. I could always chill out on Planet Ella.

"Where are you from?" Yma asked in her softest voice.

"Originally we came from Sirius B," the man said. "Do you know where that is?"

"Yes," said Yma. "It just so happens I do. It's the moon of Sirius. The Dogon here on Earth, in Africa, Mali — they say they come from there. They know as much about it as the scientists and astronomers do."

"We stay in touch with Sirius B, too," the woman said, "even though we haven't lived there for — for a long time."

"You know," I said. "You two look a lot like us. I mean, we expect people from other planets to have tails or antennae, or be green or turquoise or purple or blue."

"We are aware of this," the woman said. "But the truth is that throughout the universe, the basic form that you call 'human' prevails. We're all of us five-pointed."

"Five-pointed?" asked Yma.

"Yes," said the woman from outer space. "Five-pointed like a star. Think about it. Stand up straight and stretch out your arms and legs. See what I mean?"

"What are your names?" asked Yma.

"I am Zzaz," the woman said. "You may call me Zzaz."

"And I am Edoc."

"So," Zzaz continued, "where may we find your splendid Ella Fitzgerald?"

Yma and I looked at one another.

"Hate to tell you this," I said. "But Ella left the planet back in the '90s. It was 1996, to be exact."

"She did?" said Edoc.

"Wait," I said. "You're supposed to know stuff like that, aren't you? You're from outer space."

Edoc smiled at Zzaz, then at Yma and me. "You think Earth is the only planet that has ignorant people? No, what we understand is the spirit of Ella Fitzgerald. Her spirit lives."

"We are transported by the beautiful music she makes," said Zzaz.

"But how?" Yma wanted to know. "It takes so long for light and sound to flicker from one galaxy to the next."

"We all know these little truths," said Edoc. "But we are ignorant of the big truth."

The brother from some other planet, I thought, is about to drop a big one on us. I reached for Yma.

"You're trembling," she whispered, her breath two wisps of steam at my ear in the giant night. Her skin felt steamy, too.

"So what is this big truth?" I asked.

"Love," Zzaz said at once.

"What about love?" asked Yma.

"Love," Zzaz repeated. "It's what holds creation together."

Yma sat up. I could tell she was annoyed. "All my life," she said, "I've heard people say stuff like this. But what's that really mean?"

"Like Ella Fitzgerald — when she sings, I feel she is my friend. I feel love. Friends are like links. The two of you are linked by love. You care about one another. Don't you think atoms and sub-atoms care about one another? Love holds everything, all of us, together."

"I feel that way sometimes," I said. "But why is there so much cruelty and violence and unfairness in this world? I'm talking about Earth. I don't know what it's like where you come from."

"We have misunderstanding," said Edoc. "We have sorrow and pain, too. Music helps us. We tap into music from everywhere. Musicians who make good music are friends."

"Music was Ella's friend," I said.

"And Ella Fitzgerald was friend to the world," Zzaz practically squealed. "She spread love everywhere."

"Tell me," I said, "what exactly brought you here?"

"We came by spacecraft," Edoc said, pointing.

"Edoc, no," said Zzaz, shaking all of her fingers at him. "He does not mean what you think. That is what you call 'an idiom.' "

"So why did you come here?" Yma asked.

"Love," said Zzaz. "The strongest, strangest power of all — love. In one of your movie-stories people tell each other, 'May the Force be with you.' We know this drama of yours. We know the Force as well."

"You do?" I said.

Yma and I clutched one another while we watched Zzaz dissolve into Ella. It was Ella Fitzgerald, too, with a real hankerchief in her hand just in case she had to wipe her face while she sang " 'Say nighty-night and kiss me,' she sang. " 'Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me.' "

Snug in Edoc's arms by now, Zzaz peered out at her desert audience — us: me and Yma — and laughed.

"The Force is love," she said. "Except it isn't a 'force' at all. It is spirit-glue. It is basic like the atom."

"Like a building-block," said Edoc.

"Like Ella Fitzgerald," I said.

The lightning stopped.

In the full light of dawn. Yma and I woke up in each other's arms. How long would we have to sit on this story before we got up the nerve to tell it?

~ Al Young
November 2006
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hippies meet the hippies from space. Blue_PDT_01_16

Stars shining bright above you;
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you."
Birds singing in the sycamore tree.
Dream a little dream of me.

Say nighty-night and kiss me;
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me.
While I'm alone, blue as can be,

Stars fading but I linger on, dear,
Still craving your kiss.
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear,
Just saying this...

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you.
But in your dreams, whatever they be,

Stars fading but I linger on, dear,
Still craving your kiss.
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear,
Just saying this...

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you.
Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you.
But in your dreams, whatever they be,

I think my favorite version of this song is Mama Cass'. Man, she could sing. Before the Great Crash of '02, I used to have an mp3 of the original recording of the song from Wayne King in 1931.

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish - too loud

and noisy

i dunno though ... maybe if i listen to it enough i'll get used to it
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen NANA, MNB? Seems to me that that one would be right up your alley.

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I haven't seen NANA. I toyed with reading the manga the last time I was in Barnes and Nobles but I think I ended up buying stuff by Robin McKinley instead.

Dethklock Deththeme - hmm, i surprise myself. i don't think this one is loud and noisy ... even though i think it was just as loud and noisy as the other one

hmm, i guess that means it's not the loudness or the noisiness that i disliked about the other one ... musta been something else ...

i dunno ...

music is a mystery

i still don't quite understand my own music like vs dislike patterns ...

maybe cuz i liked the tune in this one better?

... i dunno ...

and i'm still not sure why i dislike Clementi so much ... and why i like Beethoven so much ...

... hmm ...

mayhaps there is no such thing as being rational so much as trying rationalize what is irrational

maybe we decide we either like or dislike something irrationally and then only put an explanation to it later in an attempt to rationalize it

then, being human beings, we try to detect the patterns in things

i mean (crud, now i'm just rambling) take a sequence of numbers for example. if we had a random number generator and it spit out the series: 1 2 3 4 5. we would think to ourselves- hey! there's something going on here! but in actually, spitting out 1 2 3 4 5 is just as random as spitting out 3 2 0 1 1. but we see the series 1 2 3 4 5 as special because it was culturally defined to be special ... so maybe patterns don't make any sense except within cultural context which is defined by the people... in which case rationality is just as irrational as irrationality ... only it is more culturally accepted

so what is culturally acceptable is just as irrational as what is culturally not acceptable, only what is accepted is agreed upon en masse

so does that mean what is popular is "right" and therefore rational? i don't think i like that idea ...

and in which case is there such a thing as being crazy? or perhaps being crazy only means being in the minority ...

(aha, and i notice how my mind brings it back to this question ... which reminds me of an Emily Dickinson poem ... but i think i've rambled enough for one day)

hmm, this really bothers me ... the idea of defining what is "right and proper" by majority agreement ... but i guess there is also the idea that if enough people agree on the same thing then it must warrant some kind of ... something

but if that is the case ... then can we argue that there is such thing as a god? because if people were "created" in such a way that there is an inherent unity ... can we call that unity god?

oh what the heck ... here's that dickinson poem ...

Much madness is divinest sense —
To a discerning eye —
Much sense—the starkest madness —
’T is the majority
In this—as All—prevails —
Assent—and you are sane —
Demur—you're straightway dangerous —
And handled with a chain —

(i feel the need to comment on my own annoyance. i'm annoyed by how they keep on changing the format of her poems. dickinson has a tendency to use dashes instead of the usual form of punctuation but in most published texts they will CHANGE her poems and replace her dashes with proper punctuation. that REALLY bothers me. that also means i have to go back in there and try to remember where those dashes were ....)
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth a chance- so sad

... i missed the saturday song =( ... crispness thyme ... didn't have any audio thingies so i couldn't hear it
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio thingies? Speakers?

You know that there is a button called "View User's Song History" that takes you to a page where you can hear all my daily songs going back months.

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If You Wanna Be Happy - wait, does that mean i'll never be happy
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell me that you were foolish enough to make a pretty one your wife?

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, i meant i don't have an ugly wife, or any wives at all for that matter
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I Do Is Dream Of You - i don't know why but for some reason this song reminds me of fred astaire ...
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I makes me think of Chico Marx.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Baka Bar & Grill All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: