The Random Gibberish Store!!! On Now!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Baka Bar & Grill
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tissue paper works pretty well as a substitute.
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't. Toilet paper falls apart when it gets wet. Paper towel, napkins and tissue paper don't and will plug up the pipes.

Songs for the flash frozen.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked just fine for me, you just have to fold them and/or layer them.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get away with using them... sometimes... for a while... but it can come back and bite you - so to speak. You're best off to just make sure that you don't run out of TP. It's not like it's expensive or anything.

Can we change the subject now? =0p

Last edited by GrinfilledCelt on Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this topic's a bit crap.
duke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of the great combinator, the immortal Ostap Bender:
"Perhaps you'd also like the key to the apartment where the money is?"
- I admit it's snappier in russian, but I think it sums up moral of the first parable admirably.

On a slightly disparate note, you might not be able to cheat an honest man, but you probably can't find one either.

Or perhaps it should have been: "You can't be cheated by an honest man." (said in the same tone as the words of Ostap Bender)
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
You can get away with using them... sometimes... for a while... but it can come back and bite you - so to speak. You're best off to just make sure that yon don't run out of TP. It's not like it's expensive or anything.

Can we change the subject now? =0p

No it isn't expensive but I need to travel far to replenish my supplies, but it is now replenished, so yes, we can stop talking about the lack of toilet paper.

duke wrote:
In the words of the great combinator, the immortal Ostap Bender:
"Perhaps you'd also like the key to the apartment where the money is?"
- I admit it's snappier in russian, but I think it sums up moral of the first parable admirably.

You should just write in Russian then, and also add the English phonetics, this board allows you to write in things more than English, which is rather nifty.

duke wrote:
On a slightly disparate note, you might not be able to cheat an honest man, but you probably can't find one either.

Mayhaps not an honest man, but what about an honest woman?

Actually, there's a part in the Bible which belies the possibility of an honest woman, I do believe it said something along the lines of - There may be one honest man in a thousand, but never an honest woman.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is much wisdom in the Bible.

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I have my Bible open I'm looking for that specific verse and I'm having trouble locating it. I'm pretty sure it's in the old testament in one of the books in the middle ... the concordance in my Bible is usually good enough to locate anything I'm looking for but this time nothing turned up, not under "honest" and not under "woman". Humorously enough when I searched the online Bible for "honest woman" the results came up null.

I'll find it though, it's there I know it is.

Hmm ... Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah ... I'm fairly sure I saw it in one of those ...

I'm not sure if I'd be willing to reread them all just to find it.

It was in Ecclesiastes!

"while I was still searching
but not finding—
I found one upright man among a thousand,
but not one upright woman among them all."

Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV)

Hmm ... I'm pretty damn good at quoting the Bible if I don't say so myself, because the last time I read the book of Ecclesiastes was in middle school.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never remembered myself creating this thread. I must've still been a young drunk back then. But I needed a place to rant...and I figured this thread was suitable.

I'm now stuck, or somehow found myself in a situation where I can't decide whether to put my soul into Art or Programming. There's this stupid course I had come across that was nearly like a dream come true. Games Development. Problem is now they tell me I need a certificate or experience in either programming or design. Which is well....reasonable....besides the fact that I have none, or rather, self learnt half baked ones. If I was to take the long way out I'd be paying alot for education....which is not possible now, meaning I put off work and study full time in either design or programming. So the short way out was to cram and pray I get past the test they've provided for people without qualifications but have experience in the field.

The way they put it when they said relevant experience in that field it felt like they wanted people who've worked on games before. I work in a contruction company that's not how things work! Knowing how to glue wooden planks and digging drainage systems and also how to coordinate people to build a building has nothing to do with games development! I'm only hoping when they say relevant experience they meant basic design and programmings without certs...but the more I think about it the more depressing it seems. And I don't get depressed often...wow actually I feel happier now since I just noticed I can actually get depressed. This is quite a pain, but it's entertaining...in a sense.

And as for half baked programming and design...two years of Army hadn't helped at all. I'm now all rusty with drawing and sketching, doubt I can even draw an apple well. And it's even worst with programming, it's like I've had most of VB's codes slip out of my brain and C++ looks like a new thing. Sure the codes still looks familiar and I can still spell out a few really basic ones, but string them together and I'll probably kill my brain for 3 hours on a simple code, like before. Especially now without a guidebook.

And that stupid qualification of mine on Business IT is pretty damn useless as a cert....since it's like Sub-Prime certificate which nobody trusts much on. It's enough to land me a job in web design, but not enough for Arts or programming school, that's plain dumb. I think I lost the results anyways, and that's not helping lol.

I'm now thinking whether I should dive into programming or arts. I find programming a drag...but I'm okay with it, yet I've lots of ideas and images in my brain, but can't portray them out in pen anymore. These sux for most parts when things becomes heavily contradicting. And the more time I spend on recouping my two years the less time I spend on work, like now. Which is not good for my brother anyways.

I've thought about going literature but figured it wasn't wise as there're so many people out there who can read/write much better than I can, and all I'd do was to be a burden in that industry. Starting a business seems fine, but with the economic crisis now it doesn't seems like such a good idea...besides the fact that property prices are dropping, but starting capital loan now requires harsh judgement from banks. And with Singapore Bankrupt laws you're dead if you fail.

My only hope now seems to be staying in my current job and slowly work my way out, if I can still work it out to what I want to do. Of course the best way is that somehow or rather, by luck, I get into that course, and learn along the way through either design or programming, then I'd thank anything heavenly for giving me that opportunity. But from my perspective I don't see how well it'd go.

I wish starting a game creating team was easy. I'm just ranting here, really, so I'm sorry for anyone who'd reading this. Life sux, but it'll continue to suck unless I do something, and it's pessimism that doesn't gets anything done. God bless everyone, Buddha too. It's time like these I thank animes, mangas and songs for absorbing negative energy usually. I thank everything else that I've been passing negative energy to as well, like my table
jjjynx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'm gonna stop, I just used a whole message space for that. I'm shocked.

And Sorry for ranting. But I feel better now.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what this thread is for. I remember going through similar things. Don't just go with the flow or you're going to end up still working for your brother at fifty. You need to take at least some control of your life.

Relevant quotes:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

"Now, while I spend all my days working, I polish the shards of my dream." - NANA

"Hey, that sun is up and you can not lay around
Get off your butt, you can't do it sittin' down
Don't say you can't, can't never did a thing
If you believe you can, you can do anything
You gotta go go go, go cat, go cat, go"
- Carl Perkins

"And then one day you'll find
ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run.
You missed the starting gun."
- Pink Floyd

jjjynx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided I'm going into designing after all. It's gonna be hell to start from near scratch again, but at least it's gonna get me near to what I want to do. I wonder if things will change.

Oh, and I've decided not to attend the preview, since it's of so little hope...I'm just gonna take a year to get back into drawing, and hopefully computer graphics since I'm changing my com too.

And Grin thanks for listening. I feel even better that you actually cared. Really, thanks.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I think that you made the right decision. Work hard and you will get there. Don't look back. The daily nuts and bolts of programming is sheer tedium. I'm told that most programmers burn out after a few years, so you're not missing anything good.
jjjynx wrote:
And Grin thanks for listening. I feel even better that you actually cared. Really, thanks.
You're welcome, and I really do care. Looking at it again, I didn't really say anything very encouraging - heck, it even looks pessimistic to me now. I had the feeling that you already knew any advice I could have given.

whjabba
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjjynx wrote:
It's time like these I thank animes, mangas and songs for absorbing negative energy usually.

It's really surprising how animes and mangas can make your character more resilient. As Kishiro Yukito tells us in Aqua Knight: "stories are the food of the soul!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Baka Bar & Grill All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: