"The Office"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maurasayshi
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: "The Office" Reply with quote

Salutations.

Just wondering how you are all fairing, and I figured I'd spark a new topic.
Anyone been keeping with The Office, as of late? And yes, I mean the US
version, which I truly love. Yeah, I like the BBC one, too, but the characters
in the US one are, well, more colorful? At least it is the kind of "colorful"
wackiness which pulls me in more. I can't say I am into this season as much,
but still loving it. Anyone else?

P.S. Jim is so dreamy.

/Hah (How I assume a laugh command might look. ?)
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not I. I barely watch any tv anymore.

What network is it on, when?

Songs for the flash frozen.
Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the BBC version more, but your description of the US one makes me realise why. The US one is more colourful, but I liked the BBC version because the characters were so ordinary. That and David Brent is amazing at awkward comedy. On the other hand, the US one is much easier to watch. I catch it when I can but we're much further behind, as we've only had season 1.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 1 of the US version is showing...I've caught glimpse, but I'm in the army.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got seasons 1 and 2 of the Office on DVD... right next to Office Space on my shelf. I think it's hilarious but noone else seems to understand it. You don't have to be working in that kind of environment to really see the humor in it, but I guess it helps. Sort of like how some adults just don't get Napoleon Dynamite.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotten a new job. Been here for a month now, and loving it. I know there's a lot of missing info, but to make a long story short, things went down hill really fast at my last job when they hired this prick Project Manager, and then they wanted me to live off island.

Now I work as Project Engineer for a Big Electrical Contractor. At least it's a little closer to my degree.

But even though only Grin posts every now and then, I still eternally lurk and think of everyone.

Ja Ne
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to hear about the new job, nodes. Does it pay more than the old one? Somebody wiser than myself said the best revenge is to live well. I think it's true.

This place is still my home page so I come here three or four times a day. I try to keep the place somewhat alive. It's nice to get a little feedback once in a while.

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God .... the ickiness I went through .... I'm currently doing 2 jobs .... 1 internship and full time schooling ...... was thinking about adding on a third job for a while since none of the 2 current ones give me benefits ........ oh where oh where shall I find health insurance coverage?

I wish I had just one job which covers all my needs instead of multiple jobs that don't all quite add up.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish I'm out of the army. I'm three more months to freedom, and I'll finally be able to use the computer everyday and get enough money each month for my manga/novels expenses.

I come here as a guest to read through the posts now and then...but really, a day a week on the computer really doesn't adds up to much.

Love you guys, and once I'm done in three more months I'll probably be back in action with all my stuffs. I still have to survive 2 more inspections...and 3 more classes to my first Jap Language Test...

Now all I need is a better computer, for all the time I have on my past Weekends I'm busy watching Nadesico, Dennou Coil, my great hoard of still growing Mangas collection (one full size cupboard, and now taking up most of the space under my bed), and my classes.

And my PS3 and PS2 games are eating away at my time as well, expecially Disgaea 3 (Imported the Jap version, and spent a good 168 hrs ongoing hours on it, still working on my lvl 6000+ characters)

Gotta go out soon as well to meet up with old friends.

Life's busy, but I'll be back!
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! When it rains, it pours, eh?

Sounds like a couple of full schedules. I wish I could find any kind of a job at all. I'm currently working 15 hours a week, except that I screwed up my leg and can't even do that. I'm getting to an age where health care would be handy which I suspect is the main reason no one wants to hire me. It's been like the early nineties since a had a job with health insurance and about eight years since I have been able to find full-time work.

Time flies when you're having fun, eh jjjynx? You'll be running around loose before Crispness. I'll bet it'll be easier to find a job once you have your mandatory service out of the way. Isn't Dennou Coil great? How cool would it be to have a computer that consists of a pair of glasses? I like the music, too. You can get the OSTs from Box Torrents. Nadesico rings bells but I'm not familiar with that one.

swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow did I say I loved my new job?

How quick the honeymoon wore off. I hate this job. There's too much work, not enough compensation. And I've been set up for failure right from the start. I get blamed for not doing things, when they didn't even properly train me in these areas. I know that I'm not going to work here very long.

Anyway, sounds like everyone's got their own trials. If I could, I'd give you my job Grin, I work maybe 50 hours a week, and it needs more like 80 hours to be properly done. And I'll give my health insurance MNB, since I don't have time to use it anyway. And finally for jjjynx, the three months you need for freedom. Really, that's not all that long.

Sigh. Me, I just want a low stress job, and more time for myself.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was fun they wouldn't have to pay someone to do it, would they? That's why they call it work. Make some time every week to look for something better or, before you know it, twenty years will go by.

swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I decided to quit the job last monday. Mustered up the boldness to do so on wednesday, and my last day was Friday. Funny thing I got a really good job offer on Thursday. I've been mulling it over. Strange how, it's the type of job I've always wanted, but I'm taking a more patient and investigative approach towards it this time around, whereas I would jump on any job opportunity right away. I also plan to be more upfront with the company regarding what I can give versus what I can demand.

The hard thing is, I really think that I can do without making a lot of money, and really would be quite content living a simpler life. By now I have everything I need to make me happy. But I'd probably labeled crazy if I did pass something like this up. Having more money didn't really make me any happier, but having less time for myself certainly took it's toll. I know I sound like I'm a lazy bum, but the truth is I've been burnt out by a job that like I said was an 80 hour a week job. I got burnt out because I cared about my job, I wanted to perform well, but no matter how hard I tried, there was just too much work and not enough of help. So I'm really cautious about what I take now.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you are becoming even more wise, nodes. The only thing I could say that I get the impression that you don't already understand is that if you don't intend to make a lot of money, you won't. You'll end up not making much money at all - and that's bad. You must always endeavor to make as much money as you can. That's the only way to ensure that you will have almost enough.

You seem to already understand that your time is much more valuable than any money you can make with it. Use it wisely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: