The Fairy Tales From My Sleeping Brain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strange dream...and you're in it Kelsey. And somehow...you're my niece in that dream...you were ironing some clothes so I left you alone and went somewhere else...and there were dogs....lightnings....and ... tunnels? And that's all...I wonder if there's meaning behind it...
mayorie
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiine-chan wrote:
I dont bother with the sun's rays coz they never reach my room... I live in total darkness from the time I sleep until I wake up... So usually, even in my dream, I force myself to wake up... Blue_PDT_01_02

SHIINE-CHAN LIVES IN A CAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mayorie
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Knight^Samurai wrote:
I have a strange dream...and you're in it Kelsey. And somehow...you're my niece in that dream...you were ironing some clothes so I left you alone and went somewhere else...and there were dogs....lightnings....and ... tunnels? And that's all...I wonder if there's meaning behind it...

it means you have fantasies of kels *cough*AOC*cough* being your slave..... your Loyal (that's what the dogs mean), GLITTERING (the lightning) slave who sees you as her only joy in this world (you're the light at the end of the tunnel!).
Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As evil as that interperetation was, it was far kinder than mine.
Anime Otaku Chik
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl Let's hear it then!

Shiine you never see the light of day?! How sad. Blue_PDT_01_13
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhhh....Somehow it doesn't sound right. How the heck I am suppose to be her light...or guidance?...and her loyalty is somewhat questionable...and glittering, maybe. And...I suppose I could ignore it. But the death of the huge mantis still bothers me...
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I've had any recent dreams which were memorable, but there was this one dream that I had several years ago which I still remember fairly clearly. It's kind of long, so bear with me.

I'm out somewhere in the market, on the street, and I feel hungry. It's a very crowded place with many street vendors and shops and there's people everywhere, not unlike the crowded streets in China (but I wasn't in China). So I'm feeling hungry and I decide to buy something to eat. I see a vendor selling this stick candy (uh, it's this Chinese candy thing ... um ... how do I describe it? It's like a kabob but it has round red candy type things instead of meat or veggies). I tell the vendor that I want three of them, I pull out my wallet with my right hand to give him the money and I use my other hand to get the candy. As I am doing this, I notice that someone is crouched at my right side trying to take the money from my wallet while I wasn't paying attention.

I'm really alarmed and upset by this. By this time I've completely forgotten about the candy and just when the guy is about to snatch my wallet I grab it and start chasing him. He runs down the street and I run after him. But while I'm running I notice that this other guy is following me in the crowd. He's not following my physically but his eyes were. He was watching my every move. I felt that this guy who was watching was in cohorts with the guy who tried to get my wallet.

All of a sudden I realize this must be a trap. They weren't really trying to steal my wallet but they're just out to get me. So now I'm no longer trying to chase the guy who tried to steal my wallet, I'm now afraid of the guy who's watching me. I start running in the opposite direction to the other end of the street. While I am running, I feel sure that the guy must be chasing after me. I come to a large rectangular cement white building. I stop in front of the building wondering whether or not it is better to go inside or to keep running on the street.

I hesitate. I decide I'll probably have a better chance of losing him if I went in the building. I open the door, expecting to see a corridor, but instead it is just a stairwell, with stairs going down. A rectangular stairwell and nothing else. So I hesitate again, should I or should I not go down the stairs? I feel that the guy is gaining on me, so I decide to just go for it. I start running down the stairs. I remember the walls were mint green in color and there were bulletins and posters covering the walls. I keep on running down and down and down. Then I think about the third or forth level down, suddenly the walls weren't covered with random bulletins anymore, instead there was just one big poster.

A white poster with words in big bold black letters. It said, "Man's worse enemy is himself." I stopped a moment to wonder what that could mean. There was also a window in that stairwell I could see the sunlight flooding in, it was actually a very peaceful scene if it wasn't for the fact that there was some guy chasing me. I didn't have time to stop for very long because I could feel him coming down the stairs after me. So I move on, but as soon as I get to the next landing, there it is again, the exact same poster: Man's worst enemy is himself.

It was starting to creep me out, and I go down to the next level and there it is again! Man's worst enemy is himself. It was the same with the next one and the next one. But I was too scared to stop and think about it because I was afraid of the guy who was chasing me and I was wondering where the stairs led to. I could see a mental image of the very bottom of the stairs, it was a dead end. There were dead bodies there, all mutilated. I think they were knifed to death and I felt sure that if this guy caught me, I would be knifed to death too. So that made me run even faster. Yet I realized that what awaits me at the bottom is certain death. I didn't know which way to turn. I was terrified.

Then I woke up. I was sweating. I was still feeling terrified and I couldn't fall asleep again that night. The dream was really vivid and I couldn't figure out what it meant at the time.
Shiine-chan
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It was loong but I kept on reading it like a thriller! He he. My dreams are usually short. From being chased by monster dogs to dozens of poisonous snakes hiding under the bed to the price of darkness entering our home...
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost never have bad dreams. When I can remember them, they are usually pleasant and amusing.

Songs for the flash frozen.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually only remember the nightmares most vividly because I'm so scared that I wake up in the middle of them.

As I was writing that one down I realized how similar it is to that popular Zen koan the one about the dude being chased by a tiger.

Quote:
A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming to a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw away the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!

I don't know if it makes a difference for dream interpretation, but the words written on the poster were in all capitals, like so: MAN'S WORST ENEMY IS HIMSELF

I had a discussion about it during my sophomore year of college with my friends, one of whom said, "Uh, no, you have it all wrong, man's worst enemy is woman."

After I stopped being scared of the dream, I remember thinking to myself, "Wow, I'm so cool, I even get all philosophical in my dreams."
Shiine-chan
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime Otaku Chik wrote:

Shiine you never see the light of day?! How sad. Blue_PDT_01_13

I do see the light of day.... That is, when I wake up and go outside... Pretty "cavelike" huh... Well it did have an effect I guess... It taught me to force myself to wake up from some bad dreams... I mean, people even die in their dreams, right??
LostInWonderland
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you guys were in a strange part of a strange series of dreams. A bunch of you were sitting around in my parents' dining room, and we were all just hanging out. A few of you were surprised/frightened when you saw that there were elk right outside the window and a couple of the males were doing their antler fighting thing. We were all like, hey this is fun! We should hang out all the time! Then we realized that many of us live in other countries, and how would they get there? As a matter of fact, how were you already there? And Mongoose was all like, "I don't know about you guys; my mom lives off of Alameda." Which I really just don't think is true. There was also singing involved. I believe Kelsey and I had a duet of a Joni Mitchell song.

Then I went over to the CB Front, which was actually a store. Run by Nodes, of course. There was all kinds of random stuff there. Like, there was anime stuff, but there were also CDs and you could buy tickets to shows (my sister was trying to get me to go with her to see the Weakerthans even though she went days ago with her boyfriend). I ended up buying a gallon of milk and a little mirror with which to put on my makeup, as mine broke and I am far too blind to use the bathroom mirror.

Anyway, yes. Strange.

"A watcher scoffs at gravity."
Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostInWonderland wrote:
And Mongoose was all like, "I don't know about you guys; my mom lives off of Alameda." Which I really just don't think is true.

If it is, my Mum has been keeping a lot of secrets from me.

LostInWonderland wrote:
Then I went over to the CB Front, which was actually a store. Run by Nodes, of course. There was all kinds of random stuff there. Like, there was anime stuff, but there were also CDs and you could buy tickets to shows (my sister was trying to get me to go with her to see the Weakerthans even though she went days ago with her boyfriend). I ended up buying a gallon of milk and a little mirror with which to put on my makeup, as mine broke and I am far too blind to use the bathroom mirror.

Anime... and milk. It sounds like Nodes sells just about anything one would need in life.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever had a dream that was forum related, except once, but that was over at Swords and Sunflowers. But it wasn't very ... it wasn't ... very very? It was just a mental image of the discussion board, but there was like a vortex sucking in that collapsed. Nothing in particular happened that involved people.

A store, eh? I'm in need of toilet paper. Did Nodes sell things at a reasonable price? If I can just buy stuff off of this forum that would make my life a lot easier, cuz right now I have to travel far to supply my daily needs.

Now the question is what kind of milk was it? Whole milk? 2%? Skim?
LostInWonderland
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skim, duh. And yeah, it was pretty random.

"A watcher scoffs at gravity."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: