Memorial Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> History of the Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swollenlymphnodes wrote:
Funny I remember only a handful of them. And some I think of aren't even on there.

Where's IronPoke and Jvanga for instance?

Ah, yes... I left the group for a bit of a different reason then AOC, though I was still pretty broken up about the state of the Front and the whole message board. Members were leaving and the original goals of the Front were nowhere near fruition. It was a sad time. My reason, however, had more to do with my lack of involvement in helping build the website and the club. I felt more like a lurker than an actual member and it made me feel as if I didn't deserve to be a part of the Front. Noone was posting in the group anyway, and song sharing had been shut down a long time ago. Therefore, I didn't see any point in staying.

I did, however, try to keep on coming back to the CB main board, if only to get in on the latest anime talks between nodes, jet, grin, and ultimate_solidus. I was fortunate enough to come back on the tail end of a great discussion about doramas. It's what got me into GTO, Gokusen, and the like. Though I'm no longer a part of the original Front, I tend to think of myself as a CB board semi-regular, at least. Why else am I here now?
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I'm a little sorry it was that way for you poke. Not that being recognized as a genuine front member meant anything... but the fact you left it because you felt like you couldn't contribute.

The movement was something I thought was cool and felt like it united everybody. Not til you mentioned it just now did I ever think anyone would feel left out. Just like I've stated repeatedly now... the cowboy bebop front is more about the members that cowboy bebop had drawn together more so than the anime itself. In fact when I think back to the good old days... you were one of the most prominent members, just by your regular contributions... and darkshining stars constant poking pun based on your screen name.

In retrospect... just like it is now... it was the contributions of each eccentric weirdo to the board that was more important to me than anything else. If it weren't for that, this thing would have died a long time ago. And it's the reason why I thought I'd salvage the old place and keep the team together, even if it came out of my own pocket.

My only regret is that I wasn't able to do this earlier.
Anime Otaku Chik
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fine though, and we appreciate your effort. Thanks for buying us the place! If you need some payback money or something, like it ever gets to the point you can support the site, I'm sure we'd all help out. ^_^

It was a great group. Was, or is. What's left.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always thought of you as a member of the Front, Poke. You were there when I arrived. Just because you are not a big a yak box as AOC, nodes or I has nothing to do with that.

Nodes has been more successful than any of the previous efforts at furthering the Front's goals just by creating this board. The previous efforts failed because they were chat rooms which had two major flaws. One, they were impermanent and seceond, we all had to be online at the same time. Frankly, I'm with AOC on this. I don't even remember what the Front's goals were. I'm just here to talk with good friends.

Songs for the flash frozen.
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! ^_^ All that matters is that we're all still together, still talking, and lovin' it~
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.... Together with AoC...my vice captain... *heavy sweatdrops* *shivers* *spasm* NOT EVEN THE FORMIDABLE ZARAKI KENPACHI WILL LIVE TO TELL HIS TALE!!!
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Knight^Samurai wrote:
Hmmmm.... Together with AoC...my vice captain... *heavy sweatdrops* *shivers* *spasm* NOT EVEN THE FORMIDABLE ZARAKI KENPACHI WILL LIVE TO TELL HIS TALE!!!

tsk, tsk... too much sugar.
Darkside
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronPoke wrote:
Dread_Knight^Samurai wrote:

tsk, tsk... too much sugar.

.:Holds Iron tight, scare:. Save me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
I have always thought of you as a member of the Front, Poke. You were there when I arrived. Just because you are not a big a yak box as AOC, nodes or I has nothing to do with that.

Nodes has been more successful than any of the previous efforts at furthering the Front's goals just by creating this board. The previous efforts failed because they were chat rooms which had two major flaws. One, they were impermanent and seceond, we all had to be online at the same time. Frankly, I'm with AOC on this. I don't even remember what the Front's goals were. I'm just here to talk with good friends.

I appreciate the sentiment, Grin. I guess once a member, always a member, at least if you come back, anyway, right?

Here's the goals of the Front, as posted in the original Front's group summary (at least, what I can find cached on Google, AG is giving me the white screen of death):

a movement dedicated to the proliferation and recognition of Cowboy Bebop, the magnificent anime created by Sunrise, Inc. and Bandai Entertainment. Brainstorms to date include organizing a website that will make it simple for Bebop fans to post their feelings on international film review sites and other web forums. The floor is open for other suggestions. Official Cowboy Bebop Front site off of AG now under construction by Darkshining Star. http://www.www.cowboybebopfront.cjb.net. Click on "chat room" for chat, click on "forum" for message board. This site is totally independent of AG, so if you know of any other Bebop groups or fans elsewhere on the Web, please invite them to join; other Bebop groups or sites can formally become our affiliates; networking rules.
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally...someone who knows the horror AoC brought to me. But still.... I wonder, what if I never met her. Hmmmm.... I might not be here, maybe.
Anyway....I must admit, she is a kind...loving, friendly...always smiling. Forget all these craps....I am here for something else.

T_T.... I miss my sensei, back in CCS board, Xiao_Lang was his name. And he's the one who thought me japanese and the wonder of anime. (back then, the only anime I knew was sailor moon, fushigi yugi, CCS, DBZ, and some other anime that were meant for girl audiences, that was sad ) And then, there was mashimaro...NOW I KNOW WHY I AM SO FOND TOWARDS AOC!!! AOC reminds me of mashimaro....FEEHH!!! And then, I wage war against other boards,and successfuly claimed their land as ours under the name The Order of The Dread. That was fun. That's how I knew you CB fronts and G-Wingers...and through that I learnt how vast AG was and went on exploring other boards (and I ended up in some spanish speaking boards). And how mashimaro managed to force me to tell her my real name, never told to anyone in AG for 3 years...was it 2? Death Mistress and Lord Baronight...milo...cherryblossom, mashimaro, Sorra, jikansterie, Knives_francis, Xiao_Lang, Brenton, my old comrades both gone and present. Anyway....I have no time to shed tears, I wish I could conquer this....this...entire forum *stakes 11th Division banner* OWNZ...HahAHhahHAhah....
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see you try to conquer this forum.

*takes Dreads banner & blows nose with it.
FallenAngel5766
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Plonks Dread onto a sofa*

Okay - now lay there and tell me how have your parents abused you as a child.
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! *blush* Alex! i thought you were going to do something else... Hehehehe...

Sate sate... Dread, I never knew you were so fond of me! xD What brought that about? And how did I bring you horror, eh? I don't think I've ever done a thing to you!

How did we meet?
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHHHH!!! MY BANNER!!! MY BELOVED BANNER!!! Just...JUST you wait! Once I have the power to overthrow you..hehehehe..HAHHAHAHahAHaha...HA?

*was thrown on a sofa* OOooii...My parents got nothing to do with my...actions. And they never abuse me, even though I rarely speak to my father. And...*clutches fist* You're...a guy?

Hmmm...I will leave that to your imagination, HAhaHAhaha.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Fallen_Angel and Dread then share a quiet, angsty moment with meaningful looks...*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> History of the Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: