Anyone Have Original Characters?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to change the link b/c my flickr account was getting too full.

Last edited by MidNightBlue on Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a whole host of characters from various stories I've thought of and rpg characters I've made. I could pick out some and put up sketches of them.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
Interesting. I like the idea of the physics of magic. I wouldn't allow the breaking of the laws of physics because that breaks the universe and allows a lazy author to do whatever suits him. Maybe the laws of physics could be seriously bent or new laws could be applied, but they can never be broken without triggering Ragnarök.

Um, yeah. They break the laws of physics to meet their selfish ends, but there is a consequence. They become soul-less and gender-less. And they basically live a miserable existence despite the limitless power.

More on the physics aspect. I got the idea by looking at physics formulas, and thought, "wouldn't it be cool if you could somehow alter these variables or constants?"

For example: Take the gravity formula

Fg is the force between two objects.
mA & mB are the mass of each object
r is the distance between each object
and G is the gravitational constant

If you were somehow able to place a negative in front of the gravitational constant, that means you would have a repelling force between each object, and therefore you could fly, if one mass was you and the other was the earth. Or you could vary the G constant, and then make it so that you could jump 100 ft into the air with ease. Or change the impact like 10 fold of your fist into someone's face.

The evil ones, would completely alter formulas.

Anyway, there's a bunch of formulas that describe different physical phenomena which if you hypothetical altered or changed, you could guess the outcome.

Jerry Ministry's flight school made him well aware of physics, that combined with his innate ability, allows him to be a powerful main character.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this idea. If you do ever finish it and publish it, I think it would also be very helpful to people who are struggling with physics. They can learn about it while reading an entertaining story. I think the world of science is lacking literature of that type. I think science is interesting but it can also be frustrating and it'll be cool if it was more accessible and presented in a more friendly format for the general public, maybe then people will become more interested in it.

On the idea of soul-less and gender-less and the repelling force, my first thought was to also add a psychological component to it. Gender-less could also be a positive thing, it will break gender stereotypes, and perhaps instead of filtering other people and categorizing them according to sex, people will be recognized for who they really are and be able to engage in closer relationships. As for soul-less, maybe through the process of being soul-less they will be forced to create soul-ful-ness and meaning into their lives. Repelling force made me think of psychological barriers that people have which cuts off communication, making miscommication the root of many problems. So I guess overall, I'm thinking of a story development where they encounter the backlash of their ability to bend physics but are able to make advances which overcome it and also solve a lot of human problems along the way.
Sorra
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Swollen!! (even though some of the stuff you said made my eyes hurt)
That's a pretty avi blue!!
Perhaps you can help me lol, do you know exactly what the strong and weak nuclear forces are? @_@ like what do they do?
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geternity_Sorra wrote:
Yeah Swollen!! (even though some of the stuff you said made my eyes hurt)
Perhaps you can help me lol, do you know exactly what the strong and weak nuclear forces are? @_@ like what do they do?

Noooo!!!! That's chemistry my dear. I despise chemistry. PDT_Xtremez_12

lol. If I remember correctly,

strong nuclear forces are what holds the components of an atom together, such as electrons, neutrons, etc...

weak one's, are what bond atoms together to form molecules.

They are descriptive of their forces. It's easier to break up a molecule, for example, than it is to break up an atom. (which is why it will result in a release of a huge amount of energy).

mnb wrote:
On the idea of soul-less and gender-less and the repelling force, my first thought was to also add a psychological component to it. Gender-less could also be a positive thing, it will break gender stereotypes, and perhaps instead of filtering other people and categorizing them according to sex, people will be recognized for who they really are and be able to engage in closer relationships. As for soul-less, maybe through the process of being soul-less they will be forced to create soul-ful-ness and meaning into their lives. Repelling force made me think of psychological barriers that people have which cuts off communication, making miscommication the root of many problems. So I guess overall, I'm thinking of a story development where they encounter the backlash of their ability to bend physics but are able to make advances which overcome it and also solve a lot of human problems along the way.

hey mnb, you're making my villians all cutesy and adorable! I'm trying to make them cold & heartless. Catitiz_PDT_51

lol. I suppose their only fulfillment is to keep feeding their ever growing selfish appetites. Giving them no gender, was supposed to remove one specific special relationship. They often join forces in a mutually beneficial relationship. But, I really like your approach. Maybe I wouldn't reward them too much with a meaningful existence to go with there virtually infinite power. But perhaps there could be one or two of them who begin to appreciate the virtues of humanity, and then is morally torn between loyalties.

It certainly would add more depth to the novel.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geternity_Sorra wrote:

Thanks =)
Since I don't really draw I rely on stuff like eLouai. You can check out their Candybar Doll Maker 3, just google it. It's like playing dress up with 2D barbies. Lots of fun =)

swollenlymphnodes wrote:
hey mnb, you're making my villians all cutesy and adorable! I'm trying to make them cold & heartless.

Oh, you were going for heartless, um, now I'm thinking about Scarlett O'Hara and how she uses all the men in her life to save her own arse, she has no heart. (Although in the end even Scarlett was starting to do some self reflection ...)

You said it was about revenge, right? Yeah, so they use their powers heartlessly take their revenge (sorta like Count of Monte Cristo ... hmm ... yeah ... Cristo's a good way to go for any revenge story) ... it'll be all complicated. They'll pose as if they're soul-full and use their charms to lure women (and men (since they're genderless I'm assuming they can role play either gender)) into their evil plot. It'll take years winning their enemies trust ... oh wait, they can just bend physics, no need to win trust ... but it can still be super elaborate and deceptive like Ocean's 11

I'm not good at evil plots.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vengence belongs to the main character. His family was brutally murdered by the, 'ronin.' He learns about it later on, as he learns about this as he is introduced to this enhanced view of the physical world. I know... weak, recycled plot line.

I guess to clarify, there are 3 types of beings.

Humans - Normal humans who have the same limitations and qualities of a real person.

Samurai - Enhanced by their ability to both understand the physical world, and then manipulate certain aspects of it. Jerry Ministry's first experience with this, is when he jumps out of the airplane, and somehow is able to fortify the molecular strength of his skin or body structure, so he isn't killed by the impact of breaking the surface tension of the water. They also apply ethics to the physics world. They understand, that they are rules, and they still need to abide by it. They are able to maintain there human characteristics because of this.

Ronin - They were Samurai, who became obsessed with their enhanced abilities to control physics. Motivated by the desire for more power, they began to break the rules of physics, and in so doing began to lose what made them human. They become emotionless, and lose the ability to love and show compassion. The selfish pursuits begins to perpetuate, and by continuing to break physical laws, they begin to throw off the equilibrium of the universe which will only lead to impending doom.
Sorra
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh, I was going to try to use the 4 forces in my story to meld with magic or something @_@ guess I'll just stick with what I originally had...
Haha want me to post my OC's profile? Zensekai's that is....

Damn Swollen I wanna read your story now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Count of Monte Cristo: "Whon! Whon prezzin bar! Two! Two prezzin bars! Three! ...."

Nodes: "The guy who killed the main character's family wears the number one headband. Only the guy who wears the number two headband is allowed to challenge number one to fight..." Blue_PDT_01_17

Songs for the flash frozen.
Sorra
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG XD LMAO
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hungry Mongoose wrote:
I have a whole host of characters from various stories I've thought of and rpg characters I've made. I could pick out some and put up sketches of them.

*waiting for sketches*
Sorra
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too me too!! ^^
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some original Star Wars action figures. Do they count?

Songs for the flash frozen.
Sorra
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL are they the collector's ones?

what's that site you made that pic on Blue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: