Where is Everyone!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is everyone Busy?
Very very busy...no time at all
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Yes, only have time for other stuffs
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Not really, just that there's nothing interesting these days
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quickly falling into the black hole of the work world. At first I thought it was odd how the lunch room is always empty now I know why there's so much work that most people do not bother to take a lunch break. Now I notice myself doing the same thing, I just eat at my desk while working.

One project manager doesn't seem to understand that I am working for multiple people at the same time and keeps telling me to stop working on other people's projects and just do her project instead - which basically means I've been staying late and working over time (though not being paid over time).

It also just takes me longer to complete any one task because I don't know where things are located and how to set things up on the system. That should get better quickly though.

I am thinking about moving closer to work to alleviate some of the sleep deprivation. It's hard to find an apartment that's as cheap as my current one.
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That project manager is right. Sounds like you've become the office sucker. People are dumping their work on you because you'll do it. Find out who your immediate boss is. If anyone besides that person tells you to do some thing tell them to run it through your boss, or just learn to say no.

Songs for the flash frozen.
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just my computer or is everything on this forum forciny you to type backwards???

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to talk to my supervisor and ask about how to handle the situation.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidNightBlue wrote:
Is it just my computer or is everything on this forum forciny you to type backwards???
What?

Hungry Mongoose
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is likely your computer. Everything seems to be in the correct order here.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidNightBlue wrote:

Anyway, yeah, I'm going to talk to my supervisor and ask about how to handle the situation.

Try turning your keyboard around. Otherwise I don't know what's wrong with the forum.

As far as knowing what you are responsible for, talking to the supervisor is the right way to go. It's good to be able to make everyone happy, but sometimes it's just not possible. First thing that helped me through a ridiculously intense workload that lasted a whole year, was finding out what all the deadlines were, then prioritizing accordingly. You also have to get a feel for how long tasks will take you so you can take that into account when you plan your workload. This way you can anticipate when you will have to work overtime as opposed to the realization hitting you at the end of the work day and basically demoralizing you for the rest of your week.

And you've got it right that things get better when you learn the companies system. Take 'detailed' notes, and organize them, so that you can you can refer to it until you get comfortable with all the setting up, and procedures. They are also invaluable when you don't do a certain task for several months, and you have to revisit it. Employers like employees who they don't have to constantly hold their hand.

Finally, I guess my question to you, is this a career you've sought out? Or is it work you just need to have, that may be a stepping stone to a career you truly want?
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stepping stone, definitely not a life long career. I am still thinking about going back to school for a higher degree at some point.

And the multiple project situation got resolved. I talked to the higher up this past Monday and they are now only having me work on two projects so the workload is now more managable.

I also made a deposite on a new apartment so I am hoping to get all moved in at the beginning of March.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you getting things worked out.

I do have to say that at some point, it's less about the education and more about the experience. Bah who am I kidding... use degree to get you in the door. Then build experience and professional network to facilitate a path towards your career.

Unless your degree(s)/current job are completely useless to your career goals, I'd recommend seriously considering how much going back for another degree will really help you. I guess different story if a company is sending you back to school and paying for you.

I went back to grad school because I couldn't find a job, and it really didn't do me much good other than to give me more bills to pay. It did reinforce something I already knew about myself, that I can succeed in new challenges if I tough things out since I knew my brain just needs some time to sort new information out. But at my job, I don't use anything in particular from grad school, but I do have continuous education, and training that's more applicable now... and I don't have to pay for any of it.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was nice. But it looks like things are getting back to normal where I sit here and talk to myself.

*sigh*

Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange...first thing that crossed my mind upon waking up was this site. ~__~
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a months gone by. Hi Dread. Looking good. You should be an actor.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appearances by either of you guys are rare and enjoyable. I agree, nodes, Dread has always been a strikingly handsome fellow. He should be in the movies.

jjjynx

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing a log on all my mangas throughout the years, got a nostlagia attack. Listening to all the old tracks off youtube.

The Real Folk Blues...

And now I'm here...

I miss you guys, missed you too Grin. I'm back...urghhhhhhh THIS PLACE FEELS SO GOOD.

Edit: I just seems to use Facebook alot more now. And here's my FB, and my real name.

Ong Rong Zuo <----- there's no one else.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jjjynx! Or Ong Rong Zuo. Around here that would be a very unusual name, but that's what makes it cool. I like it. Good to hear from you whatever you call yourself. I'm here. I never went away, although I'm going up to Ocqueoc next week. I just don't talk to myself like I used to. This is still my homepage.

Besides nostalgic, how are you? Still working at the family business (construction wasn't it?) Got a girl yet? You always were more into manga than anime and I'm the opposite of that. Do you still watch any anime? Even if you don't, you know you can still come here and talk about whatever moves you now.

If you or anyone is looking for something good to watch this season, the hot one is Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). There are six episodes out so far and it has had my attention since the first one.

I have so far resisted joining FB but Google recently tricked me into joining Google+. Are you on that?

jjjynx

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Grin. And I'm still jjjynx even around my real friends. My real name's for work, too little people can pronounce that correctly.

And I no longer work with the family, so I started my own company last year doing digital marketing projects for shopping malls. Been working my ass off the recent months, but life's all good.

Kind of shaped up for work, and nah no girl yet. Not in a long while I guess. And yea I read and watched Kyojin. Really surprised at how much the art changed, which was a great thing. If you're looking out for something weird the next one coming will be Watamote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Matter_How_I_Look_at_It,_It%27s_You_Guys%27_Fault_I%27m_Not_Popular!

Still, I haven't been really catching up on alot of things and have tons of backlog in games, anime and manga. I'm starting to feel it's all gonna be saved up for retirement lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: