Crispness Gifts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much are you planning to spend on GrinfilledCelt's Crispness present this year?
$50 to $100
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
$101 to $500
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
$501 to $1,000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
$1,000 to $10,000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Over $10,000
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Crispness Gifts Reply with quote

Well, it's that time of year again so I thought I start a thread where we can discuss what you guys are going to get me for Crispness. I'll be making suggestions from time to time but try to surprise me.

Moyashimon Plush Slippers

Gorgeous cold-cast-porcelain figures from Hobby Figures Global

Songs for the flash frozen.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever she's selling, I want it.

Too stupid looking to not be cool.

whjabba
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
Whatever she's selling, I want it.

A screw for the right price, maybe?
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessert Pocky = What you eat after your Roast Beef and Potatoes Pocky.

Last edited by GrinfilledCelt on Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snug Wow

GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your getas.

GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A classic Crispness tale:

As a joke, my brother Jay used to hang a pair of panty hose over his fireplace before Christmas. He said all he wanted was for Santa to fill them.

What they say about Santa checking the list twice must be true because every Christmas morning, although Jay's kids' stockings overflowed, his poor pantyhose hung sadly empty.

One year I decided to make his dream come true. I put on sunglasses and went in search of an inflatable love doll. They don't sell those things at Wal-Mart. I had to go to an adult bookstore downtown.

If you've never been in an X-rated store, don't go. you'll only confuse yourself. I was there an hour saying things like, 'What does this do?' 'You're kidding me!' 'Who would buy that?' Finally, I made it to the inflatable doll section.

I wanted to buy a standard, uncomplicated doll that could also substitute as a passenger in my truck so I could use th e car pool lane during rush hour.

Finding what I wanted was difficult. 'Love Dolls' come in many different models. The top of the line, according to the side of the box, could do things I'd only seen in a book on animal husbandry. I settled for 'Lovable Louise.' She was at the bottom of the price scale.

To call Louise a 'doll' took a huge leap of imagination.

On Christmas Eve and with the help of an old bicycle pump, Louise came to life.

My sister-in-law was in on the plan and let me in during the wee morning hours. Long after Santa had come and gone, I filled the dangling pantyhose with Louise's pliant legs and bottom. I also ate some cookies and drank what remained of a glass of milk on a nearby tray. I went home, and giggled for a couple of hours.

The next morning my brother called to say that Santa had been to his house and left a present that had made him VERY happy, but had left the dog confused. She would bark, start to walk away, then come back and bark some more.

We all agreed that Louise should remain in her pantyhose so the rest of the family could admire her when they came over for the traditional Christmas dinner.

My grandmother noticed Louise the moment she walked in the door.
'What the hell is that?' she asked.

My brother quickly explained, 'It's a doll.'

'Who would play with something like that?' Granny snapped.

I kept my mouth shut.

'Where are her clothes?' Granny continued.

'Boy, that turkey sure smells nice, Gran,' Jay said, to steer her into the dining room.

But Granny was relentless. 'Why doesn't she have any teeth?'

Again, I could have answered, but why would I? It was Christmas and no one wanted to ride in the back of the ambulance saying, 'Hang on Granny, hang on!'

My grandfather, a delightful old man with poor eyesight, sidled up t o me and said, ' Hey, who's the naked gal by the fireplace?' I told him she was Jay's friend.

A few minutes later I noticed Grandpa by the mantel, talking to Louise. Not just talking, but actually flirting. It was then that we realized this might be Grandpa's last Christmas at home.

The dinner went well. We made the usual small talk about who had died, who was dying, and who should be killed, when suddenly Louise made a noise like my father in the bathroom in the morning. Then she lurched from the mantel, flew around the room twice, and fell in a heap in front of the sofa. The cat screamed. I passed cranberry sauce through my nose, and Grandpa ran across the room, fell to his knees, and began administering mouth-to-mouth resuscitation..

My brother fell back over his chair and wet his pants..

Granny threw down her napkin, stomped out of the room, and sat in the car.

It was indeed a Christmas to treasure and remember.

Later in my brother's garage, we conducted a thorough examination to decide the cause of Louise's collapse. We discovered that Louise had suffered from a hot ember to the back of her right thigh.

Fortunately, thanks to a wonder drug called duct tape, we restored her to perfect health.

I can't wait until next Christmas.

----
Also, Stump the Band: Crispness Edition

jjjynx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me 24 hours.

LIFE has been very unforgiving. I wish I have more time to myself.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, that sounds ominous.

jjjynx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonononononono, I'm healthy and well, just overworked.

And sick, for the past 24 hours, apparently it's the time for me to fall sick again, once every two years. So it's like, I'm really drowsy now and should sleep, but I suppose I had to drop by and apologise for missing the 24 hours mark I said earlier. Give me another day or two to recover. My brain should be working properly by then.

*I now have a mountain of Tissue beside my com. Turned it on to check mails.*

And whjabba, thanks for the DS, I'll send a number of stuffs your way soon, hopefully before Christmas, but I want those back when you return, some of those are NOT gifts.

Grin, I've got something in mind for an interesting Cripness gift, but I can't seem to remember the link. I'll figure out something when I feel better.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take good care of yourself, jjjynx. Take as much time as you need to get better.

I hope everybody has a happy Solstice tomorrow. You know this whole gifts-for-me thing was a joke, right? You were just supposed to laugh. Treat this thread as a Solstice holiday thread and post whatever might be related.

whjabba
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjjynx wrote:

And whjabba, thanks for the DS, I'll send a number of stuffs your way soon, hopefully before Christmas, but I want those back when you return, some of those are NOT gifts.

No worries, dude. Hope you like it. Take it easy and recover, and sorry I've been crazy busy these last few weeks so not been online. Let me know which ones you want back and I'll bring them with me when I do.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! FREE Hello Kitty Papercraft Crispness Downloads!

jjjynx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!

I've fully recovered since last Sunday. But went back to work on Monday, so got a little busy, and yesterday, the worst thing happened. My PS3 died, so after a good few hours of going out and back, burning my pocket and restoring data files I now use a PS3 Slim.

I'm sorry about the Christmas gifts gig, I was actually really thinking of getting something for you Grin, but falling sick and work gave me little time. I spend most of my time home these days going through my plannings and Final fantasy XIII. And with my PS3 dead I just burnt a big hole.

whjabba's getting some surprise soon, once someone he knows actually completes those games and send them over. Z he was never a fast gamer.

Meanwhile Grin let me tell you what I've actually wanted to buy for you, I doubt it's all that wonderful but here's da choices I had in mind:

- A Swiss Army Jack Knife I saw at a DIY shop, it was lovely looking

- A Blue Ray of Gundam: Char's Counterattack Movie

- One of This

I was actually thinking of a really good online blow up doll store I came across after reading your post. But then I figured that'd be insulting, so, oh well.

And yes I'm feeling alot better, thank you. Will flood this place with posts soon.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's have a moment of silence contemplating jjjynx' dear departed PS3.

I'm glad you're feeling better, jjjynx. It's a pity you had to go right back to work, but that' life. That's what all the people say. You're riding high in April, shot down in May. But I know you're gonna change that tune. When you're back on top, back on top in June.

It's kind of you to have actually thought of sending me a gift, especially since you don't celebrate Crispness yourself. As I said before, the only thing I wanted out of this thread was your laughter.

As far as your choices, I have carried a particular Swiss Army knife (called 'The Executive') since I was a youngster. I have worn out three so far. It's a small one. I just wouldn't end up carrying anything bigger. Their blades are very good. They stay sharp a long time, but I don't think much of their cases. The pins that hold everything together keep wearing out.

I currently don't even have a working dvd player, let alone Blue Ray. I don't think I'll be getting an hdtv any time in the near future either. Nevertheless, I still keep buying dvds and Best Buy is having a sale this week. I'm hoping to score the boxed set of Midori Days for $15 or maybe Moribito.

Mugen's sword is awesome. It would go well with the getas, too (not so much with the Moyashimon slippers though*). I couldn't find any prices at that site but that thing has to be pricey. I noticed that they have quite a few anime based swords there.

--

* Maybe we could get Dread to paint a picture of me brandishing Mugen's sword wearing a SnugWow and Moyashimon slippers, whenever he completes his current quest and returns from the wilderness. =0D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: