Welcome
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayorie
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first off, before i join in the fray, let me just say....HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE~~~!

Sadly, i have to admit that i am part of the narcissistic facebook crowd. LOL and, from everything that was posted about the facebook users, i have to plead guilty on all counts! hahahahahaha but it IS fun, and it helps me keep in touch with my friends (Dread included among them!). tho it is a rather useless (fun, but still useless) activity. =)

Sad to hear about everyone's troubles, but hopefully the new year will bring new beginnings! (it came out like one of those greeting card thingies, but its sincerely meant i assure you!)

my life is still the same old same old. Moved up in our family company's ladder, handling more workload, but the stress is invigorating! hahahahaa

I was surprised, but very glad to receive the mail from our beloved administrator tho! i miss this place, and its nice to know its still alive!!!!!!

and now.... let me invite you all to FACEBOOK! come on! join the dark side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Happy New Year! It was a friend of mine who managed to push me into Facebook the last year of college. I believe her words were - I will never speak to you again if you don't join Facebook. Otherwise I would not have joined.

Thank you, nodes, that was rather inspirational. You really came a long way. Although the circumstances are different I am reminded of Marius from Les Misérables who had the same spirit of perserverance. I, too, am beginning to see the value of work. Jobs not only provide an income but also a social network and way to constructively contribute to society. I haven't thought about Craig's List, my only reservation is that I heard about people being scammed on it but I will definitely check it out. Thank you for sharing your story that was rather helpful in keeping me motivated.

Grin, it sucks that you have to move out Blue_PDT_01_13
I hope you find a place soon.

The one thing that is going well in my life is dancing. I'm now the co-director of my own dance troupe. The trick now is to try to make it make money. I don't really expect this to become a big money making enterprise but it's keeping me a little more sane.
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....errr....Happy nEw Yaar ta ya all, my good ol' friends of AG

I am in the same boat as Mai, forgive us.

I am still the same ol' me, I still hunger for power, world conquest, swords and shields...Currently working as a part-time artist, and it's project based....so right now....no project, no work. After Chinese New Year I'll be able to work my arse off. I am damn bored!!!!

Last year was my greatest downfall in my entire life and this year....I just hope I don't have to go through that again......and forever!

Grin ol' pal.....I hope ya find a perfect mansion. >Blue_PDT_01_03

Now. I feel like I wish I could reach out to you and grasp you by the shoulders and in japanese drama like fashion tell you: "gambatte!" Your experience is very similar to what i had to deal with for a year. - Nodes

You forgot the thumbs up gesture....and a wink.
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shyte 6 years!!!!!
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayorie. Welcome Back!! Sorry, not trying to make anyone feel guilty about using FB. Not like you sound guilty anyway. You actually seem quite proud. But that's the "addictive" nature I'm talking about. Sooo fun. I see it. But it's made so many unproductive employees... I can't help but paint a caricature of it. Don't think I'll be joining Facebook... but you do give me an idea of opening a Cowboy Bebop Front FB account... business use it legitimately for advertising after all. Hmmm.

MNB. Les Miserables. Good analogy. Plus I do love me some Les Mis... glad my story could be some sort of inspiration. I told it because I know the downs in life don't last forever. And in retrospect I appreciate the adversity, because it's true that it builds character. Like you said, you appreciate things more. I remember going through crap and just wanting to give up, but you just hang in there until you finally get that break. And when you do... it means so much more, than if everything was given to you on a silver platter.

Had no idea you were into dancing? What type? Videos? One avenue to make money is youtube if you get to the million hit viewership. I've been playing with the idea of starting a youtube channel for my music... million hits is ridiculously high though. Just need my own Antoine Dodson moment.

And Dread! My Rival in the way of the sword!! Would Musashi have his own facebook page?!!?

...maybe Zaraki Kenpachi would.

Curious about your downfall... if you don't mind sharing. Here or in the hidden forum. Seems like several of us have gone through some *%&tty times... or still going through it... just really glad to hear from the friends we've made here.

Oh and this. To MNB, because Dread said so...

PDT_Zamourai_29
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Hahaha, thanks Blue_PDT_01_03

I love all kinds of dancing - ballroom, latin, Argentine tango, Middle Eastern ...

I was approached about posting ads on the dance website but I didn't go for it because I know how I get annoyed when I visit sites and get bombarded by ads. The two ways I was thinking I could make some money is by teaching, which I recently started doing - unfortunately not making much on it at the moment. It will take a while to get a student following. Also by looking for paid gigs, although at the last troupe meeting most members preferred non-paid gigs because professional gigs are a lot of pressure and time investment.
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed you are.....my one and only rival worthy of my respect. Yes...Shinmen Takezou has his own facebook page...and twitter too. And Zaraki Kenpachi also has his own FB page....>Blue_PDT_01_01

Well...early January last year, my ex broke up with me for.....god knows why. It was a devastating blow to me, perhaps it's because she was my first love. And for the first time, I cried so hard. ( yes yes....very shameful indeed. When I think back, I wish I could time travel and whack the oblivion out of myself ). And then, 5 months later, she went out with my former friend and later became lovers. Took another blow...the final blow and again I had to fight back those Urrggghhhh feelings. And goddammit....it's worse than physical pain. Everyday was hell, can't sleep can't eat, cold, etc etc. Not to mention my father decided to live separately from us. These are not the full story....if you hear the entire story, you ears will melt.

SOooo....now...here I am with a chipped sword in my heart.....feewwwhhh.....now I know the pain of broken heart. I would rather take a slash from a sword. *sighs* Oh well....at least I am back to my usual self. I've sealed away everything she gave me in the depth of darkness. Oh yeah......after she broke up with me, I shaved my head. I REGRET doing it until now! AAAAHHHH.....stupidity!!!!!
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Two losses all at once that's really tough to recover from Blue_PDT_01_13
It's times like these you wish that the memory erasing machine from Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind actually existed. As sentient human beings we all go through so much pain in life, I think it would be more of a karmic reward if we came back reborn as a tree or some other lower life form as not to "suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune".

To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause: there's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life;
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
The oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office and the spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscover'd country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all;
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.--Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remember'd.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you Dread. First love is the hardest to get over. I think I made reference to mines a few years ago here on this site. For me... I always thought I'd be able to work anything out... and had believed that I once I fell in love, it'd be forever. Now I guess that's still true...but what you don't have control over is the other person and how they feel. I think that's one of the most painful things to experience is to have the love of your life, fall out of love with you. It happens so slowly and it's so excruciating, and you frantically try to do whatever you can to rekindle the fire, but nothing works. One of those moments of helplessness.

Now I can't imagine what it's like for a friend to take your place. That must really suck. Especially after only 5 months. I mentioned that my ex got married like 5 years after we broke up, so time helped and that actually gave me closure. Seems like more time has passed since then, so I hope the healing process continues. I know I didn't even mention your father or your shaved head or any other stuff you have to deal with, but I hope you heal and grow from them too. Like I was saying earlier, adversity makes you more of a man.

Although there were times when I wish I could erase memories like MNB was referencing - especially soon after any of the ordeals - I realize now that the things that make me a better, more mature man that people respect, are those same trials that I had to come out of. I think, if everything worked out the way I planned, I would be one selfish obnoxious prick. I hate hearing people talk as if there limited experience or ideas matter when it's only because they either 'lucked' into success... or are just too young and naive to know the difference.

I just heard this Henry Ford quote yesterday and thought it apt:

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently."

So: "gambatte!" to you too.

PDT_Zamourai_29
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you become so wise, nodes? I feel usurped. I feel for you too, Dread. I have absolutely been there and done that. I was very happily married right up until I caught my wife and best friend necking behind a mastodon. It hit me like the proverbial ton of bricks. I turned around and walked away with out a word. They chased after me with "explanations" I didn't want to hear. I wanted to be alone and far away from either of them. Any other path at that time was very dark with blood spattered walls.

To make a long, old, boring story short, I went through about eight months of pure hell. I can't, and don't want to, imagine being any more miserable. This was prolonged by my silly notion that we could work it out. That woman had to work very hard at killing my deep, abiding love for her, but she managed it. Eventually we divorced and they got married. A few years later I saw a small sign at my barber's that said, "My wife ran off with my best friend, and I sure miss him." It was a good thing I was sitting down I laughed so hard. I hadn't realized it but it was true - I missed him a lot more than my wife.

Yeah, it hurts like hell and leaves a nasty scar. One thing is sure, I won't waste any time waiting for an unfaithful woman anymore.

Songs for the flash frozen.
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HahAha...thank you nodes. I agree with everything you said in your last post. It reminded me of how desperate ( and pathetic ) I was trying to regain her back. I painted her portrait...for her birthday.......but then that happened. I immediately covered the painting with white paint and.....I forgot what happened after that. Out of depression, I began drinking alcohol ( yes, i know....I am a muslim. but......can't help it....I was too....overwhelm hahaha ).

It's excruciating....trust me, I wouldn't want to go through all that again. Now I don't give a damn about them both anymore. I have my friends to thank too especially one of them, had to accompany me almost everyday when I was down. I am forever in debt to him...funny guy too. I am already over it.......but...what I hate the most is that I will always be reminded of her... >__> seriously.....It's annoying. Not much of a problem.....but...annoying.

Ahh yes.....that friend of mine which is going out with my ex.....well....he was flirting with her cousin but to no avail. I even gave him support.....oh well what's in the past remains in the past.

And my friends best advice to me that time was, Never let your heart overwhelms your mind.....something along those line. I'll remember that quote from Henry Ford. > : D

MNB.....well....it's really hard to get back up but...I managed to do it....with the help of my friends and undying perseverance. If you said that to me when I was in the pits of hell, I might agree to it 100%. ^^;
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Grin, I believe the pain is much more stronger in married person. I....well......I had good times with him....I can't deny it.

Yeap....so nasty that it remains with ya......almost forever. Now....I just don't understand woman anymore. And my mom....well....she sometimes keeps nagging me to get married and that she can find a woman for me and I was like...Oh shyte, arranged marriage?!?!?!!! And I told her, NO way!!! I guess it's because 2 of my siblings are already married and both of them had a child......and that she's worried about me. >___> I will run away to Mongolia and become a hermit there if she insist.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Alcohol - the source of and answer to all of life's problems." - Homer Simpson

Not quite true but still a good quote. I don't know what the Koran says about it, but as long as you don't make a habit out of it, it should be a minor sin especially under those circumstances. Alcohol is a mighty temptation at the best of times.

It was friends that helped me pull myself back together, too. One dragged me out to the bars and showed me all the attractive and available women there were (this was when I was 23 in the days before anyone knew about AIDS) and that there was no point in dashing my brains out over just one. Thank the gods for friends!

Arranged marriages are abhorrent in the West even though a lot more of them take place here than most people know. I'm told statistics show that you have as much chance of having a successful arranged marriage as if you'd picked one out for yourself. Nevertheless I'm behind you all the way on this one, Dread. I can testify that it is entirely possible to have a fulfilling life without a wife. Of course, it helps a lot when you hit an age where certain biological pressures lessen.
Blue_PDT_01_04

Songs for the flash frozen.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidNightBlue wrote:
^ Hahaha, thanks Blue_PDT_01_03

I love all kinds of dancing - ballroom, latin, Argentine tango, Middle Eastern ...

I was approached about posting ads on the dance website but I didn't go for it because I know how I get annoyed when I visit sites and get bombarded by ads. The two ways I was thinking I could make some money is by teaching, which I recently started doing - unfortunately not making much on it at the moment. It will take a while to get a student following. Also by looking for paid gigs, although at the last troupe meeting most members preferred non-paid gigs because professional gigs are a lot of pressure and time investment.

I appreciate dance, and think I probably could have done it, since I have some sort of rhythm and I don't have "white guy dancing syndrome", but I can't do it... don't know why. I just don't dance. Weird because I can speak in front of audiences and sing/perform for crowds but dancing? I guess there's that barrier alluded to when they have one of those sayings for living life, it goes along the lines of "dance as if no one's watching you!" I've got that dancing governor on. Do you watch any of the dance shows on tv (So you think you can dance, DWTS, ABDC)? Don't think I'd normally tune in to them, but am subjected to them because all the women in my life love it so much. But a lot of stuff is pretty cool.

Anyway, you seem to have the same problem as I do. Combining your hobbies or passion with business. Should be a match made in heaven to be paid for what you love doing. I know I've tried to get Grin to be a pro/semi-pro photographer over the years. But when business gets involved, I don't know, I feel icky. Just want to do what I love doing. But I think when I get to it, I'm thinking of selling my music via music download sites (eg. itunes, napster, etc...). I know it's a lot easier to do that now compared to times past when you had to land a record deal, and sell your album at tower records, and constantly promote and tour. I love writing music, but all the other stuff in the biz is just not for me.
maurasayshi
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: paid for your passions Reply with quote

Being "paid for your passions" nearly 'sounds' wrong..

Nevertheless, I just wanted to comment on that notion:

I abandoned the idea of medical school my senior year of high school to peruse graphic design and advertising, thinking that my natural talents would fuel me through anything, and I found that that the more I studied it, the further away I felt from it all. It's tough not to take things personally when there is passion involved. You want to be the best. Maybe that's when you learn more about yourself and whether or not you should just call it quits or man-up.

Either way, I'm glad Grin hasn't gone for professional photography - you haven't, right Grin? I worked in pre-press for awhile, and most were just jaded photographers. Life can be a trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: