What books are you reading right now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenAngel5766
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: What books are you reading right now? Reply with quote

Hi. I used to go by the nick Wind07 on the AG forums. I wasn't on the CB board, but it's good to see some familiar faces.

Anyway, the point of this thread is basically in the title. What is everyone reading right now?
JetBlack87
Black Dog
Black Dog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

Currently, I am reading Battle Royale. It is the second time I've read it. It is pretty good. I'd also recommend the movie.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really reading anything... but the last book I read was The Broker. I think that's what it's called. John Grisham... I think that's who wrote it. But I did like it a lot.

Welcome aboard FallenAngel. Nice to have a new face. You get tired looking at the same clowns everyday. Blue_PDT_01_04
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I'm reading the Cowboy Bebop Front message board.

However, lately I have also been reading Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques. It's a fantasy-adventure wherein all of the characters are furry critters with various brittish accents. The main character, Rakkety Tam, is a scottish squirrel. It isn't as bad as it sounds. PDT_Xtremez_07

Songs for the flash frozen.
Valkaren
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: REDWALLL!!! Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:

However, lately I have also been reading Rakkety Tam by Brian Jacques. It's a fantasy-adventure wherein all of the characters are furry critters with various brittish accents. The main character, Rakkety Tam, is a scottish squirrel. It isn't as bad as it sounds. PDT_Xtremez_07

You can't mess with Brian Jacques I read all those books when I was little. There will always be a place for Redwall and Salamandastron in my memory.

At the moment I'm reading Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do, I've also read in the past month in a half: A Breakfast at Tifannys Truman Capotte, Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger, Riftwar Series and the Talon of the Silver Hawk 2 seperate series by Raymond E. Feist, The manga Deathnote issue 1 and 2(if you can call that reading), and the Mandalorian armor by someone who likes Boba Fett im guessing.
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: REDWALLL!!! Reply with quote

Valkaren wrote:

You can't mess with Brian Jacques I read all those books when I was little. There will always be a place for Redwall and Salamandastron in my memory.

At the moment I'm reading Bruce Lee's Tao of Jeet Kune Do, I've also read in the past month in a half: A Breakfast at Tifannys Truman Capotte, Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger, Riftwar Series and the Talon of the Silver Hawk 2 seperate series by Raymond E. Feist, The manga Deathnote issue 1 and 2(if you can call that reading), and the Mandalorian armor by someone who likes Boba Fett im guessing.

Hey I just got the third one, you can read it tomorrow if you want. It's good. o.o

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I really do like the book. I don't continue reading books I don't like. This is the first time I have ever heard of Redwall or Brian Jacques. This is odd because this is just the kind of stuff I have been reading for most of my life.

jjjynx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedWall, I read that quite a no. of years back. Very interesting little book, with mice...oh well...all they did was pour hot boiling water on top of enemies, and more...
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he loves it...

I don't think I want to read books about mice. I'm so picky. >.>;;
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did try to reread the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series some time ago... later on, tried reading some of the New Jedi Order books but found them to be lacking in something.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:

Grin, if you like furry fantasies (sans freaky furry weirdness), then you might like the Spellsinger series from Alan Dean Foster. I think it was written over 20 years ago so it's out of print, though you might be able to find it at a library or eBay. It has Australian otters, cranky old wizard turtles and a guy who conjures spells by playing songs on his guitar.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronPoke wrote:
Grin, if you like furry fantasies (sans freaky furry weirdness), then you might like the Spellsinger series from Alan Dean Foster. I think it was written over 20 years ago so it's out of print, though you might be able to find it at a library or eBay. It has Australian otters, cranky old wizard turtles and a guy who conjures spells by playing songs on his guitar.
Oooh! Alan Dean Foster is good! So good that he's probably related to Dean Anderson. Blue_PDT_01_09 When I said that I have been reading stuff like that for years, I ment fantasy and sci-fi, not books about furry critters. The only other book like that I have read is Watership Down. You're right though, I probably would like the Spellsinger stuff.

Valkaren
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Yo Reply with quote

I'm not mad nor defensive just supportive in an over-zelous way.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's a book on Battle Royale? I reccommend the movie, since I liked the movie, but a book?

Well I think I'm getting the book of Shakugen no Shana next week...Chinese literature....gee been a long time since I read one of those
JetBlack87
Black Dog
Black Dog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjjynx wrote:
Oh, there's a book on Battle Royale? I reccommend the movie, since I liked the movie, but a book?

Yes indeedy. The book has a lot more detail and character development. I don't think there's one character who doesn't have a chapter devoted to him/her. And unlike the movie, the book was actually released in the US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: