What Anime Are You Watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Otaku Chik
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
I just picked up the entire Outlaw Star series at Best Buy for $40. I haven't seen that since it was on CN. I'm geeked!

That was something I used to have on my computer, too.

I have a hard time with DVDs.. Sometimes it chooses to burn correctly, other times it doesn't.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime Otaku Chik wrote:
GrinfilledCelt wrote:
I just picked up the entire Outlaw Star series at Best Buy for $40. I haven't seen that since it was on CN. I'm geeked!

That was something I used to have on my computer, too.

I have a hard time with DVDs.. Sometimes it chooses to burn correctly, other times it doesn't.
Use cd's then. They're not as big but they're cheaper.

Songs for the flash frozen.

Last edited by GrinfilledCelt on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, let's see...

ah, yes, Monster... haven't seen past episode 47. Great series, though. I couldn't wait on episodes, so settled for spoiling the ending by reading the manga. I'll leave you all to recoil in horror in your own time. I say we create a new thread soley for Monster discussion.

RahXephon... could have been so much more. One good song at the opening, other than that, forgettable OST. Some really sloppy plot devices, a sort of bizarre cradle-robbing love story (the movie is even worse), and an enemy race from who knows where. One thing I hate about anime is the utter lack of explanation for how the enemy comes into being at times. I must've passed out at a crucial moment because I have NO IDEA where the Muulians come from! Blue_PDT_01_09

Sokyuu no Fafner... I absolutely loved this anime as I first delved into it. The rising classical score in the first few minutes of ep 1 instantly glued me to the screen. This anime seemed to have it all... angst, teen love triangles, big mechas, strange aliens... like Evangelion and RahXephon and Full Metal Panic (san humor) all rolled into one. I was hooked. I watched the entire series in one weekend over a year ago. In the roughly 36 hours that I was hooked on this show, my fascination and fanatical devotion quickly eroded as, to my horror, the underlying shounen-ai of the series hit me square in the face and I was forced to watch all my favorite characters go through hell and back... and then die. I won't say which ones, but for each it's a punch in the gut the whole story through. Needless to say, none of the things that I wanted to see happen ever happened in this one. I cried for a week. Then I watched FMP? Fumoffu! and got over it.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronPoke wrote:
I say we create a new thread soley for Monster discussion.
You can do that anytime, Poke. Just add a spoiler warning in the topic title.
Quote:
And use spoiler tags.
(We need spoiler tags, nodes. This^ method is too cumbersome.)

swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about putting the warning in the title of the thread for now.

*Contains Spoilers*

Still trying to see about adding tags. I can add an icon that you can put at the top of each message.

type colon spoiler.

spoiler
jjjynx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooo....spare me from Raxhephon, I can't stand to watch it for the 4th time. And I strongly believe it should not be rewatched too many times, as your opinion on it will grow lamer.

And I like Maaya Sakamoto's songs as well...quite alot of it I've dwelled into, including Hemisphere.

And I guess we have a little difference in taste...I liked Angela for her really really good voice...(not opera, just loud, only the 1st sentence was made to sound classical) . And it's actually rock, not techno. And also, I believe you'll actually need to hear the whole song to like it, the TV version just seemed a little too...short.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I think it's a matter of taste.

She still has this nasally thing going on, that I don't think I'll ever grow to like.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Maaya Sakamoto's 26th birthday accordian to her(?) MySpace page (for what that's worth). I have one of her songs playing on my page there.

Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grin I can't stop staring at your avatar.

It's so...

mesmerizing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime Otaku Chik wrote:

It's so...

mesmerizing.
Wow! I thought it would one of the guys that would say that. Blue_PDT_01_01 Lovely, isn't it?

So that's what Ed in your avatar is staring at.

Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
Anime Otaku Chik wrote:

It's so...

mesmerizing.
Wow! I thought it would one of the guys that would say that. Blue_PDT_01_01 Lovely, isn't it?

So that's what Ed, your avatar, is staring at.

No, Ed isn't. I am. Ed it totally a-sexual. I'm...not really sure. I'm just a pervert with a boyfriend that loves me and puts up with me :3 So..I stare.
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny. I really love RahXephons soundtrack. One of the best string scores I've heard all time... in fact from Japanese media it happens to be the best I've ever heard. And it covers a broad range of spectrums that are jazzy, some nice grooves, & metal.

I rewatched the first episode & right from the getgo... that's one of the things that stands out so clearly... what an amazing score it has.

jjjynx... I've only watched it once and started watching it again. (I'm surprised you watched it 2 more times after not liking it the first time). So far, I love it just as much as I did the first time. As far as a lack of explanations where the muulians come from, I'll pay attention to see what I can find, but I've already gotten used to this style when it comes to japanese anime... particularly in scifi & fantasy (esp. Miyazaki's epics). Where they feel like they don't have to explain why everything is the way it is... for lack of a better explanation... they create it as it is.

I know American media differs because anytime it involves the earth that we know... they feel like they need to create an explanation why things are this way in the future. Always! I've come to look down on this, because they could spend so much time developing a story rather than feeling like they have to explain every single detail.

spoiler
Now I don't remember everything clearly from RahXephon, but up to episode 4... we're led to believe that Tokyo has been captured by a Mulian race whose designs are either subsistence in an alien world or perhaps world domination. Those are two assumptions you can make. They obviously created this barrier... but they still have created a facade of an earthly existence for those who live there because they have some need for certain human specimens like Ayato. They could live the way they live, but for some reason this facade is important to their designs. The most powerful weapon they have... RahXephon is in fact best synchronized with a human Ayato. So that supports two assumptions. 1) They need humans and thus they need to fabricate a life for them & 2) This weapon will be used for defense or world domination.

Perhaps that's not good enough for you guys, but it's perfectly fine for me.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the things that makes Cowboy Bebop so great. The technology just is. They don't come out and explain that on Mars people live in cities built in crators to contain a breathable atmosphere, they just show you as Spike flys in. If you are not paying attention, you may even miss the fact that they are on Mars at all. No one explains the mono system of their computers, you have to piece it together from random bits of conversation. When you are talking about a problem you are having with your computer, do you delve into the history of how it was devolped and how computers work? No, but someone who didn't know anything about them could gleen a lot of info about them from what you do say and a few pictures.

Edit: Don't forget the Miyazaki film on CN at 7:30 tonight. Anyone know which one it's supposed to be?

Edit: It's Castle in the Sky

jjjynx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grin, you're getting a completely wrong idea of what we meant.

Cowboy Bebop and Rahxephon are completely different in what's supposed to be explained sometimes and what's not needed.

Let's just say that RaX is a little deeper in meaning than bebop.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Grin gets the general idea about things not needing explanations. Anime in it's most sophisticated form is too... sophisticated to explain every little detail. It's true there are things that might bug you to no end if you don't have an explanation, but that's when they expect you to accept it. Once you do accept that things are the way they are just because... it's easier to swallow. Now there are some occasions where they are just stupid. Or the anime is not at all sophisticated... so it just comes out lame. Ayashi No Ceres is one that pissed me off, because characters did things that were just unconvincing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 3 of 97

Jump to: