No Need for Introductions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MidNightBlue
Fayeless Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) ?
2) I am worried about men who tend to stay indoors all the time ... just doesn't seem healthy
3) Sad but true
4) Again, true and guilty of doing so
5) Not enough experience to weigh in

Oh and I highly recommend British TV series Coupling for laughs about relationships.
teknoketa
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swollenlymphnodes wrote:
Most Wanted list:

3) teknoketa - the token hot girl assasin

So... I was totally shocked when I saw the email with CBF in the subject in what is now my "old" email box. I feel like this was a million years ago in internet time.

So, um. Reporting in, I guess? *waves hi*
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KETA!! I didn't dare hope!

Songs for the flash frozen.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* flies through the air, lands on Keta with a bear hug, showering her with kisses*

Is this what Shining Dark Star used to call "glomping"? Am I doing it right? How are you? What have you been up to? The last time I talked to you, you were still in school (I forget what your major was). How are you treating life? How is it treating you?

teknoketa
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
* flies through the air, lands on Keta with a bear hug, showering her with kisses*

Is this what Shining Dark Star used to call "glomping"? Am I doing it right? How are you? What have you been up to? The last time I talked to you, you were still in school (I forget what your major was). How are you treating life? How is it treating you?

*squishes Grinny back*

I'm about to pass out from lack of oxygen, so you're doing it right ^_^*

Ahh, so much has changed! I had to quit school to keep a roof over my head but it worked out for the best in the end. I stumbled in to a career at a well known non-profit organization and have been here for about 8 years now (scary that it's been that long!).

I'm currently playing SW:TOR in my downtime, still studying Japanese (and still really bad at it), and have a rambunctious 4 month old kitten named Kyo.

What have you been doing?
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknoketa wrote:
*squishes Grinny back*

Oog... ggh... ggu... Gawd, that feels gooood... Blue_PDT_01_09

I'm delighted to hear that you are in a good place working for Well Known Non-profit Organization Inc. Time flies when you get into the grind. Would that we were all so lucky.

If I had known how hard it is for old guys to find work, I would have held onto the Hobby Shop job a lot more tenaciously. Well, live and learn... I haven't had a full time job since. Now I spend 19:30 hours a week as a Direct Care Worker which boils down to being a baby sitter for a 39 year old semi-retarded guy. Other than low pay and few hours it's not bad work, but sometimes I think he is making me stupider. I have a few other jobs on the side so I am scraping by.

I have been eaten by a few MMORPGs so I scrupulously avoid them now. The only people who do well with them are the ones with absolutely nothing else to do. Still, they can be a lot of fun. I still do play Kingdom of Loathing, just out of habit, It only takes about 20 minutes a day and nothing bad happens if you take some time off.

I like cats and kittens can be a lot of fun. I have learned that other peoples pets are fun too, without all the work and expense. =0D

I still watch anime, too.

GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, nodes, post something. I see you there.

Or are you just sitting there crying because you missed Keta? Blue_PDT_01_04

teknoketa
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well nobody expects the economy to implode. That's made it harder on so many people. Even working full time I still can't really afford to live on my own. Nobody goes to work in the non-profit sector looking for financial security.

TOR is my last attempt at an MMO. I've played them for the last 8 years or so and I eventually always end up soured on the community that surrounds them. So far I'm enjoying it, but it really plays more like a single player game than an MMO most of the time.

Yeah, my "free" kitten ended up being more expense than I anticipated. I live alone though, and it's nice to have something cute and furry running around, even if I do look like I sleep with broken razor blades ^^

I was really happy with the fall 2011 anime lineup. I watched UN-GO, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi 2, Horizon in(on) the Middle of Nowhere, and Fate/Zero. All of them were solid and worth watching.

Other good recent ones I can think of were Dantalian no Shoka, No. 6, and Steins;Gate. I'm a little behind on getting started with my Winter 2012 season, but I want to watch Inu x Boku SS for sure.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teknoketa wrote:
swollenlymphnodes wrote:
Most Wanted list:

3) teknoketa - the token hot girl assasin

So... I was totally shocked when I saw the email with CBF in the subject in what is now my "old" email box. I feel like this was a million years ago in internet time.

So, um. Reporting in, I guess? *waves hi*

Cannot believe my eyes. keta? PDT_Zamourai_10

Amazing! You registered about the same time as everybody else but never posted. So with you it may be even more than 6 years. Glad you found your way. Glad you kept your old email around.

We never talk about Cowboy Bebop here much anymore, even from the inception of this place. We did talk a lot about anime, dramas, art, photography, cooking, games, books, work, school and just our lives. Even some RP'ing. Made a few new friends. I guess, this place had been on life support the past few years, with Grin usually posting to himself. Dread and jjjynx occasionally show up, and me too, although as you might have noticed, I just lurk most of the time.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking at how sad this place became, and just had a passing thought of shutting it down. Then I was reading through old threads, and they were highly entertaining. The thought of shutting it down made me even more sad, because it would be like burning a library. So I used the option to email all the members, and a lot of people came back, some stopped by to just say hi, others emailed me, but I'm glad it worked. It's been nice to catch up with everyone.

With you it really feels like an apparition, since we really haven't heard from you since the AG days. Welcome! Smiliz_Kingz_PDT_01
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiping a tear from hie eye, swollenlymphnodes wrote:
Then I was reading through old threads, and they were highly entertaining. The thought of shutting it down made me even more sad, because it would be like burning a library.
A better analogy would be like burning old school yearbooks with lots of handwritten notes from seldom seen dear friends. Occasionally I go wandering through old threads too. There is some great stuff in there. Everyone had a lot of fun.

GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you how delighted I am that you still watch anime, Keta. Sometimes I think I'm the only person outside of Japan who still does. I can often be found hanging around the anime shelves at Best Buy just to find someone to talk to about anime. Lets go camp out in the "What Anime Are You Watching?" thread.

teknoketa
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably been longer than that. Not long after AG shut down I wrecked my ankle and had to move out of state to recuperate after surgery. I spent some time with no net access and all that, though thankfully now I've got a good phone and a good phone plan, so that'll never happen again! Thankfully, things have been on a much more even keel in recent years and hopefully they'll stay that way. It's hard just keeping afloat sometimes.

I dunno if either of you do google talk/messaging or even ventrilo (voice chat) but if you do, I can provide you with my info. It's usually just a few people hanging out while we game.

Also, this is Kyo, my kitten ^_^*

Yes, he was named for Kyo from Fruits Basket! He lives up to his namesake, for sure. He's a holy terror when he's wound up, but he's also very affectionate and warm.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome kitty! Great name too. Don't you wish they could stay that way forever?

My current cat is a British Blue, and he annoys the hell out of me. I never got him as a kitten either, so I missed the cute adorable phase.

Anyway, I have google talk, well not really, but can do so through my gmail account.

Btw, what are those books? "Go" instruction manuals? Always wanted to learn to play since I first seen Ranma.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MidNightBlue wrote:
1) ?
2) I am worried about men who tend to stay indoors all the time ... just doesn't seem healthy
3) Sad but true
4) Again, true and guilty of doing so
5) Not enough experience to weigh in

Oh and I highly recommend British TV series Coupling for laughs about relationships.

Downloaded and saw the first season. Very funny. Best way I could describe this is, "Friends" and a guy version of "Sex and the City" had a baby and gave birth to it in London. Correct me if I'm wrong though MNB, but this seems like more a guy's perspective of relationship comedy.

No. 3 on jjjynx's characterization of women was on full display with the Israeli woman visitor in the bar. "She still has her price tag on her shoe!" Haha! Too funny.
teknoketa
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swollenlymphnodes wrote:
Awesome kitty! Great name too. Don't you wish they could stay that way forever?

My current cat is a British Blue, and he annoys the hell out of me. I never got him as a kitten either, so I missed the cute adorable phase.

Anyway, I have google talk, well not really, but can do so through my gmail account.

Btw, what are those books? "Go" instruction manuals? Always wanted to learn to play since I first seen Ranma.

Ehehe...

His favorite thing to do is make me bleed from punctures and scratches. They're purely unintentional so I can't really discipline him for them, but I will be glad when he's so big that getting up on my lap doesn't require lacerating my legs to do so. In that regard I'll be glad when he gets a bit bigger. Otherwise he's adorable and warm and smells like furry sunshine.

I think blues are so beautiful, but I've heard they're pretty standoffish. Is that true?

Google talk is nice because I'm a lazy person who would rather talk than type. Hence why I run my ventrilo server all the time.

Yes, those are Go books. I'm terrible at it, tbh, so I study in fits and starts. The basics are extremely simple to learn. It's the mastery of it that takes years and years. At the highest levels it's so complex they still can't code a computer to beat a human (unlike chess), simply because of all the possible sequences and moves that are possible.

But, having said that, I do think it's fun if I'm playing someone at the beginner level like I am.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 49 of 51

Jump to: