Cowboy Bebop on AG Greatest Hits.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> History of the Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Cowboy Bebop on AG Greatest Hits. Reply with quote

A trip down memory lane. You can post memorable moments from back in the day.

I'll go first...

The megaposter jvanga had returned from a long hiatus. I had not known him because I joined in the middle of his leave of absence. It was a typically playful thread... and he enters and chastises us for being so silly. He's part serious/partly joking. Not appreciating it, I snap back saying something. He gets pissed off & me and him are arguing like a forest fire. Noting how silly it was... I think I apologized, and so did he. We went back to playing around. Something akin of jvanga revealing his weight problem... and then DarkShining Star decides to jump on his belly. *Boing boing boing* In fact DarkShining's jumping on a belly like a trampoline sticks out in my mind most. After that, jvanga and I had many long discussions regarding the state of anime... the classics versus modern day. Basically it started as a serious butting of heads... and it turned out to be two anime philosophers sharing ideas.

Just one of the moments where CB brought together guys who hated each others guts... and turning them to friends.
GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to set the record straight, DDS didn't jump, he bounced. I think I miss him the most. He was always ridiculously cheerful. When they first met him, most people thought that he was a young girl but he was an adult male, one of those enthusiastic Japanese guys.

The last time we heard from him, he was living in Brazil and seemed to have had most of his exuberance drained from him. His divorce was hard on him and I suspect that there were other things going wrong for him too. It made me sad and I wanted to cheer him up and make him laugh as he had done for me so often, but he didn't hang around too long.

I had some cosplay pics of him that I would post but those were lost in the Great Crash of 2001 along with many other treasures.

Songs for the flash frozen.
JetBlack87
Black Dog
Black Dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember those pics. He was part of a cosplay group.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember one time DarkShining Star's ex-wife came on and insulted the socks off of a thread full of Dragon Ball Z fans. He later had to come online and apologize for her actions. He was so polite, but I don't think he had to be so apologetic. Most people didn't let that sort of stuff sink in, but that's just the kind of person he was, I suppose. Silly guy, he never apologized to me for all his trademark "*pokes**pokes**pokes the Poke*". I miss him.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another DarkShining Star memory (I'm just full of 'em!)

He came on the board one day complaining about how he wanted so badly to grow a beard but lacked the facial hair. Everyone was telling him it wasn't that great to have one, but he could not be dissuaded. I then told him he could have my beard, but he told me to keep it for some reason.

On another note, anyone remember Sleep Machinery?
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean my whipping boy? lol.

I know, he turned out to be a nice guy after that, but man that was fun. I remember recruiting some newbie... and we would stand at opposing buildings and snipe him because he was pretty rude at first. He would be talking and then *bang!* He was so mad about it get pissed off and all flustered, but he made that place sooo much fun. That thread grew so fast it ended up being deleted. I wish I remember who it was with me.

So yes I have a history with people that display troll-like behavior.

I remember DSS' beard growing incident too. The thought of this too-happy hairless Japanese guy trying to make his facial hairs grow was too much for me and I chuckle even now thinking about it.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember those. Sleep was a real jerk at first, Ted could take lessons from him but he did turn out to be a good guy.

DSS and his beard I understood. When I was a kid I couldn't wait to be able to grow a beard, and if it never happened, continuing to want to do so. Yes, the reality isn't so great and shaving every day isn't much better. I get a mental picture of DSS putting Rogaine on his face. Blue_PDT_01_06

IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I thought DSS was Brazilian? Could be wrong.

Sleep Machinery made his debut on the CB mb by flaming everyone else, then talking about how awesome his name was. At times, I thought he was on crack or something. That's when Nodes commenced with the sniping. I remember that Sleep made a couple of cracks at Manuidachann, made him go "ouch!". Poor 'channy'. I thought DSS bounced on Sleep who eventually gave up. Not sure though, memory's fuzzy.

Sometimes I wish I could defrag my brain with an herbal remedy. Like ginseng or something.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DStar was Japanese... and he lived in Brazil for little while. I remember some extensive discussion on the pretty substantial Japanese population in Brazil.

Anyway, I was just thinking. How'd you guys get your nicknames or who gave it to you.

Manuidichann simplified my name to nodes and everyone else follewed suit. DStar liked to call me swollen though and it became one of his favorite words.

I think teknoketa coined 'Grinny' if I recall correctly.
IronPoke
Forum Dullard
Forum Dullard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I got mine from DarkShiningStar. *poke* *poke* *poke*
Some used to call me Iron, but Poke sticks better, I guess.
jthanatos
AG Refugee
AG Refugee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure who started the name thanny....i actually think it may have been cantareful...but it is effective and easier to type...though many of the newbies tended to call me JT....as if my name was hanatos
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jthanatos wrote:
Im not sure who started the name thanny....i actually think it may have been cantareful...but it is effective and easier to type...though many of the newbies tended to call me JT....as if my name was hanatos

Actually, I think it was me. :3 I tried to become your reaper buddy, but.. I guess that didn't really work.

I was such a copycat... The only people that ever called me AOC where the people on GW and I think some of you. At other places, if ever I wandered over, they called me "chik." I'm too keen on AOC though...I hate being called "chik."
Black Dog
Black Dog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone calls me Jet...that's simple enough. I think I remember AOC calling me Jetto, sometime ago.
Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was some time ago ^_^; That's because it's what they say in the Japanese! Jetto. Maybe I'll start calling you that again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, like Spiko, or is it Spiku?

I have used the name GrinfilledCelt since the first time I ever got online and have rarely used anything else. I use that name all over the net. People shorten it to Grin, Grinny, Grinfilled, Celt GFC or GC. Sometimes I refer to myself as The Grinfilled One or His Almighty Grinlyness or His Algrinly Mightyness.

Other names I have used, usually when playing pranks on friends, are; Laughing Cyclops, The Mighty Lummox, Baron of Brains, and Montalvo Oxnard (star of many Sci-Fi B-movies in the 50's and 60's).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> History of the Front All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: