What Manga Are You Reading?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many manga do you own?
None
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
1-5
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
6-10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
11+
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

GrinfilledCelt
Jeet Kun Do Kung Fu Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20th Century Boys? That sounds interesting, Dread. I'll watch for it.

Songs for the flash frozen.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to the store today, just got myself

Princess Ressurrection and <<BAMBOO BLADE>> <--- This is cute, and professional, I enjoy both anime and manga thoroughly.

Oh as for the X-Blade thingy, just wait a few more months, I'm placing my bet on it that it'll appear soon...somehow or another.

Now officially broke, and only just got my pay frm the Army....400bucks can't do much, not when you've got a PS3 and a hobby to keep......sigh.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that you're just going to have to break down and let them promote you, jjjynx. Blue_PDT_01_12

Anime Otaku Chik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've discovered a manhwa I really like called Bride of the Water God. It's a girly one, for sure, so I'm not sure how you guys would feel about it, but uhhhh, I think it's pretty good. This girl is made to become his bride in order for her people to get rain. For some reason, that's something the Koreans do--give the gods their most beautiful woman as a bride in exchange for rain... Anyway, she's surprised to find out that he's a kid.

Actually, he's a kid by day, and a grown male at night, and thinks of himself like a lotus who only blooms at night. She meets him this way without knowing it's him, and he tells her they're cousins. She's sort of falling in love with both of them, oddly enough, and, it goes from there.
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARrrRRgghhHH~ The evil light of shoujo mangas...I'm...Melting~. Just kidding....I'm not really fond with shoujo stuff...( despite the fact I've watched Fushigi Yugi and Ayashi no Ceres..and that was ages ago ). What we need is...MORE BATTLE! LESS ROMANCE! IN BATTLE ITSELF THERE"S ROMANCE! Something like that....Ahahahaha~
jjjynx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not Shoujo? Ouran is shoujo, Fruit Basket is Shoujo, D.N Angel is Shoujo...Lots and Lots of things are meant for females...but you've got to read to understand what good things are...either that or you're too man to enjoy romantic situations.

And I'll take a look into that, it seems interesting.

And Dread you seem to be the type to go into Gore and Fighting stuffs, go check out on the Claymore mangas then, they're alot longer than they look. I'm enjoying them much more than the anime, and I enjoyed the anime.

One last thing, I'm hitting on this Fairy Tale Gunner thingy............and I'm quite sure Enix'll probably get it animated soon, or something. Well, I'm gonna go back to reading Sumomomo momo momo for now.....oh wait, do we watch mangas or do we read mangas?
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, I read Claymore manga before I watched the anime version and as I expected the anime version is way different than the manga but enough to keep me interested in em. And it's sure is long just like you said, and it's still ongoing, the last chapter I read was 75. But dam...Jeane died, TT__TT She was my favourite character, second after her would be Galatea and third is maybe Miria.

I read Fruit Basket and DN Angel before but never finish em all. Too much romantic scenes...pretty boys...and such. Well, come to think of it, pretty boys are a must in every shoujo mangas.

I prefer mangas with a variety of characters, not just pretty boys or pretty gals...something like Vagabond and Berserk. Almost every character in there have different facial features, plus you can see they've made lots of effort in detailing their manga. Claymore, 20th Century Boys, Gantz and Grin's fav anime Monster ( 20th Century Boys and Monster were made by the same mangaka ) are also some of my favorite mangas out there.

I guess I like em all because of the way they draw em....something like fingerprint...they may copied it from some other artist before but they've successfully turned their arts into their own style. And that took em a lot of work and countless of sketchbooks. To develop your own style ain't an easy feat, sometimes you ended up with someone else's style rather than yer own.

And I'm not always into Gore and Fighting, depends on how the story goes...and the effort that the artist placed on his works. If the storyline is good and the art is so-so, I might read em. If the art is excellent but the storyline is bad, I'll just admire his work and forget about reading. If both of em are good...I'll read em and read em again just to see how he does his works.

Uhhhh.....Why am I typing these stuff?
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think of Shigurui, Dread? It's definitely not shoujo.

Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrinfilledCelt wrote:
What do you think of Shigurui, Dread? It's definitely not shoujo.

I've watched the first 5 episodes...and it's nice. And definitely not shoujo, or shonen in that matter. The story kinda slow but the scenery and the animation were done beautifully enough to keep me hooked to it. If I recall correctly, it's based on a novel right? Or was it a manga?
Shiine-chan
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread_Knight^Samurai wrote:
Yeap, I read Claymore manga before I watched the anime version and as I expected the anime version is way different than the manga but enough to keep me interested in em. And it's sure is long just like you said, and it's still ongoing, the last chapter I read was 75. But dam...Jeane died, TT__TT She was my favourite character, second after her would be Galatea and third is maybe Miria.

NAAANIII? Jeane died??? She was like my favorite character there as well!!! KUSO!!!!

20th Century Boys looks like it has a pretty nice storyline. I'll go check it out...

Got my hands on the latest volume of Hunter x Hunter lately... hehe. It still is pretty interesting but it seems it takes forever now for the story to develop...
Dread_Knight^Samurai
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...she died. Tho her appearance is short lived but she gave quite an impact to me. I suppose it's because of her dignity...and...maybe her warrior's code of honor. She didn't speak much and didn't really care about her rank. And I think she's kinda pretty....XD....

And 20th Century Boys...YOU WILL READ IT! If you don't you'll missed one heck of a great story. The sequel to it is 21st Century Boys, a continuation of the 20th Century Boys, after the fall of "Friend" Organization and it's still ongoing.
jjjynx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give 20th Century Boys a g nxt month, and I'll see if it lived up to your epectations...got myself some new stuffs, Crimson Grave and Princess Ressurrection...can't give both a full thumbs up, not really a Must See but they'll do ok for the next year or so. Removed Murder Princess Manga from my brain because the author did something horribly stupid at Vol. 2 (END) by killing alot of people without explanation. The anime is so much better...the first manga in many months to ever dissapoint me greatly, after the unearthly ending of Desert Coral.

I'll give some stuffs to look out for...

I'll repeat

XBLADE again, only because it's only out till book 2, and it's got some great art and action. And so if you can't find it online just wait a little while longer...but if you buy ur mangas from stores go ask about it, if they're up to date they'd probably have seen something similar. It's not Hayate Cross Blade, I'll reconfirm that, it's NOT Hayate Cross Blade.

Arakawa Under the Bridge <---- I can't tell if it'll turn anime or not because of it's drawings, but I vouch for it's humour it's madder than School Rumble.

Bamboo Blade, only because I've read it 3 times during the past week, and it's still growing on me.

Higurashi Manga series, a Must Have for Higurashi fans.

You guys probably heard of this, and I remember Grin you've completed the first season of it's anime, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. Still as meaningless as ever, especially if you have absolutely no General knowledge...but entertaining enough to keep you hooked for a few hours. I'd personally say it's manga contains too many words...just like Death Note, but it's not a bad thing...sometimes....other times I just skips through half of his rantings of the World.

I'll still be broke next month, for I think I'm getting the entire series of Claymore, and lots of other books to come....sigh....the monthly manga expenditure is slowly rising...it used to be only around 100 monthly....now it's at least 150 dollars.....I wish I was working instead of being stuck in the army. 400 just doesn't cut it.
swollenlymphnodes
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jjjynx. I will definitely check out the first two. School Rumble is one of my favorites.
GrinfilledCelt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manga is beginning to grow on me. I just can't afford to buy any right now - at all. Somehow downloading it just doesn't do it for me. I want to have it in my hands. I also don't like spending ten bucks for something that takes me maybe an hour to read, when I can spend eight bucks for a novel that will take me months. Maybe I should pick up a Japanese translated novel. Anyone have any good suggestions?

I recently picked up and read the first three books of Initial-D, after having acquired them three or four years ago. I'm unhappy because I can't afford to go get more. Guess I'll have to watch the anime again.

I know that there are a lot of references I miss in shows like Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, but I do know that it is a big hit in Japan. I know this because I have already seen references to it in at least two other anime.

Shiine-chan
Otaku
Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah same here. Somehow downloaded versions doesnt seem to work on me either. And a manga costs around 500 to 600 here, that is, if you wanna get hold of some REAL manga!

But I'll go check out some of those titles: Higurashi, Arakawa and xblade I guess./..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Cowboy Bebop Front Forum Index -> The Cowboy Bebop Front All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: